Well I peeled off the sticky cover on the lcd screen to replace it with a new one. It ended up taking some paint around the edges. The phone looks beat up and ghetto now.

Any remedies like a case that covers the outer area, but the screen and buttons? Or a way to fix the abrasions?
    06-04-09 10:54 AM
    Well I peeled off the sticky cover on the lcd screen to replace it with a new one. It ended up taking some paint around the edges. The phone looks beat up and ghetto now.

Any remedies like a case that covers the outer area, but the screen and buttons? Or a way to fix the abrasions?
    take it to your place of purchase and explain to them what happened. they've seen it before probably and if the problem is occuring on lots of the phones you'll be cool...they have ways of determning fraud so beware of fibbing.
    on a side note; you may want to re-think your use of the term 'ghetto'..depending on a persons ethnic background they may consider it fightin words. if you 'wiki' the term you'll get a better picture of why people would be offended...just saying.
    06-04-09 11:03 AM
    Well previously I signed up for a new contract with a nokia at my tmobile store. Unfortunately that broke, so my friend gave me his curve since he was getting the storm. I doubt he has the original box, receipt, etc since all he gave me was the phone and the power adapter.
    Can I still go to tmobile store about this inquiry?

Sorry about using ghetto, but the phone screen doesn't exhibit its shiny glow anymore.
    06-04-09 11:11 AM
    probably not. You can find blackberry curves for cheapp on ebay, especially the 8300. Just get a different one, or buy a go phone and put your sim card in it til you can afford one..
    06-04-09 11:43 AM
    check into the casemate smart skin.. covers everything but the visual part of the LCD - even covers the keyboard. its a nice case.

scracth that.. u have an 88xx not an 83...

u can get hard cases for around 25 bucks that i believe cover the sides of the screen. i cant remeber because i dont use those.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 06-04-09 at 11:58 AM.
    06-04-09 11:52 AM
    okay, wait the 88 or 83? the post say one thing ur profile has another... which do u have? (camera or no camera??)
    Last edited by chelseytx; 06-04-09 at 12:25 PM.
    06-04-09 12:05 PM
    take it to your place of purchase and explain to them what happened. they've seen it before probably and if the problem is occuring on lots of the phones you'll be cool...they have ways of determning fraud so beware of fibbing.
    on a side note; you may want to re-think your use of the term 'ghetto'..depending on a persons ethnic background they may consider it fightin words. if you 'wiki' the term you'll get a better picture of why people would be offended...just saying.
    If you can't get it fixed at the store... You can get one of those rubber cover thingys. They cover the sides and leave the face of the phone open.. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 12:32 PM
    Well previously I signed up for a new contract with a nokia at my tmobile store. Unfortunately that broke, so my friend gave me his curve since he was getting the storm. I doubt he has the original box, receipt, etc since all he gave me was the phone and the power adapter.
    Can I still go to tmobile store about this inquiry?

Sorry about using ghetto, but the phone screen doesn't exhibit its shiny glow anymore.
    no big deal...I live in a ghetto and can confirm that the people who live here do not have a shiny glow about them!
    06-04-09 01:27 PM
  9. Wouldnt.you.really.like.to.know's Avatar
    Thanks this was very informative
    06-04-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD