I just downloaded Peekawho so I am still getting used to it, I am noticing that when a SMS message pops up I cannot read the whole message. I have to exit out and go to my SMS icon to read the rest. Is this the way its supposed to work?? I thought you could read messages and respond to them right from the pop up. When I I click on the message icon in the pop up it takes me to my email folder where there is no SMS message.

Anyone use this that can help...

Thanks so much!!!!
    Laurie
    02-24-09 08:09 AM
    I believe there is an issue with accessing the SMS inbox, which is not allowed by 3rd party apps.

Check their support site:SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian

If you can't find an answer, send an email. They're good about get back to you.
    02-24-09 08:58 AM
    check out Message Peek, it lets you see the whole message
    02-24-09 02:55 PM
    of the 2 message preview apps i have tried, in the option you can change what/how you see the message..

but both 3pa will only take you to the message box.... i stopped using them, because i have my sms and mail separate and can not stand that non-feature feature.
    02-24-09 03:25 PM
    of the 2 message preview apps i have tried, in the option you can change what/how you see the message..

but both 3pa will only take you to the message box.... i stopped using them, because i have my sms and mail separate and can not stand that non-feature feature.
    So are you saying that if you have your email and sms folders set at seperate that it wont work??

Thanks so much for your reply!!!
    Laurie
    02-24-09 04:41 PM
    So are you saying that if you have your email and sms folders set at seperate that it wont work??

Thanks so much for your reply!!!
    Laurie
    it will work, just not correctly

but you are correct. if you get an alert for an SMS and you hit "go to inbox" it takes you to your MAIL folder, not your sms folder.

but i know with Peekawho, you can choose what you want to enable and disable. i.e. you can have all,1, 2 or a combo of anything of the 3? (i think that's how many there are) i had it disabled for sms and it worked fine, but it defeated the purpose for me so i stoped usuing it.
    02-24-09 05:00 PM
    it will work, just not correctly

but you are correct. if you get an alert for an SMS and you hit "go to inbox" it takes you to your MAIL folder, not your sms folder.

but i know with Peekawho, you can choose what you want to enable and disable. i.e. you can have all,1, 2 or a combo of anything of the 3? (i think that's how many there are) i had it disabled for sms and it worked fine, but it defeated the purpose for me so i stoped usuing it.
    So have you found another app that does let you do all this??

Thanks again!!!
    Laurie
    02-24-09 07:18 PM
    Nope, well, kinda.... Its called e-mobile today... There are two verzions of it... Can't remember if it takes you to the box... It prob doesn't, but it let's you view the full messages... I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD