Are the two smart watch apps on BlackBerry world mature enough now? Is it worth it for me to use a pebble on it?

Any advice would help,

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:18 PM
    Yes, you can receive emails, texts, tweets, Facebook, etc.

Look for the talk2watch tread on this forum

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:31 PM
    Is it headless?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:43 PM
    No, it's not and the odds are it might never be headless. BlackBerry has some conditions for an app to be headless. For the app to met those conditions it would have be reduced in size.

I don't have the exact details but it is something along that line.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:59 AM
    Do BBM and whatsapp work with the pebble and bb10? Also can you change songs with it?

Powered by Z10
    12-27-14 01:47 AM
    BBM does, whatsapp doesn't as it doesn't have an API that can be used. Yes you can control music on your phone with the watch

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:27 AM
    Notification only that you have a BBM message. The message could not be sent to the watch.

You can control spotify music also.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 03:04 AM
    Is there any other apps I could use with the pebble on my passport that would be headless and have the same qualities as t2w?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:31 AM
    There are other apps that work with t2w pro.

I use Powertools since it sends some Geofencing notifications as well as poor cell signal, etc

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:14 AM
    I just got a zewatch2 and it should support Sms notifications to the watch. Because I have a z30, is that the reason why the Sms isn't working like it should be?

Posted via zBestPhone10
    12-27-14 12:16 PM
    I just got a zewatch2 and it should support Sms notifications to the watch. Because I have a z30, is that the reason why the Sms isn't working like it should be?

Posted via zBestPhone10
    I'm not aware of any other smartwatch that can send notifications (sms, emails, etc) to bb10

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:46 PM
    Hi everyone
    I am using Talk2watch for my Pebble using my Classic however i cannot change watch faces, etc... After installing Snap i was able to download the official Pebble app i get everything (apps and watch faces as well) however only the calls are sending notifications to my Pebble.
    If anyone is using a BB with an app that allows you to change watch faces and add apss whilst also sending notifications please let me know.
    02-19-15 12:57 PM
    Some will work (some apps) some won't. Get the new talk2watch pro version. The dev. Is heavily involved with updates and working with other devs. This is a great app! The new version (believe it is more for 10.3 and above).
    New app gives you the pebble store,gives you apps that work with BlackBerry, check to see on the t2w app that yu have notifications selected (they will be in color if selected)

Passport on ATT
    02-19-15 01:40 PM
    Thanks, I will try that now.
    02-19-15 02:08 PM
    I have installed Talk2watch pro but can't see watch faces or apps.
    02-19-15 02:13 PM
    I have installed Talk2watch pro but can't see watch faces or apps.
    Swipe down to get to the pull-down menu. Then tap on the app store.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:33 PM
    Thank you, you're an angel ! I can see it now.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-19-15 02:36 PM
    So just to understand better, if using the Pebble app from Snap you can only set watch faces and get call notifications? Nothing else?

And with Talk2Watch lets you do everything else?

I just want to make sure I understand before I put money down into a Pebble.
    02-26-15 08:20 AM
    So just to understand better, if using the Pebble app from Snap you can only set watch faces and get call notifications? Nothing else?

The setup that I have is the talk2watch app and the pebble android app from 1mobilemarket. 1mobilemarket looks sketchy to me sometimes, but the apps I have used seem to work fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:32 AM

Posted via zBestPhone10
    I got the Zewatch2 for Christmas. Pretty much all I can get it to do is be a speakerphone. Sometimes it actually works as a step counter. It cannot track sleep at all.

I was kind of disappointed with it. It only has 4 buttons but the functionality wasn't very well thought out.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:38 AM

Actually, T2W Pro takes care of everything the Pebble needs. It allows software updates and watchface installation now, and it has built-in caller ID. It is not headless, but neither is the official Pebble app.

If you're not going to pay, then you'll need both the Pebble app as well as T2W (free version).

I've heard some people claim that the new T2W Pro coupled with the latest Pebble software update + BB10.3.1 takes care of the battery drain issue. Not sure about this though.
    Katnis and xtremesniper like this.
    02-26-15 09:37 AM
    The setup that I have is the talk2watch app and the pebble android app from 1mobilemarket. 1mobilemarket looks sketchy to me sometimes, but the apps I have used seem to work fine.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, though I was asking more about the functionality the works or doesn't work with the Pebble on BlackBerry 10... The Pebble app from Android should be the same whether it comes from Snap (Google Play) or elsewhere... But I usually only trust Snap.
    02-26-15 09:38 AM
    Actually, T2W Pro takes care of everything the Pebble needs. It allows software updates and watchface installation now, and it has built-in caller ID. It is not headless, but neither is the official Pebble app.

If you're not going to pay, then you'll need both the Pebble app as well as T2W (free version).

I've heard some people claim that the new T2W Pro coupled with the latest Pebble software update + BB10.3.1 takes care of the battery drain issue. Not sure about this though.
    Thanks, didn't see the post since I was replying at the same time...

Good to know! I might actually consider the Pebble Time if someone can confirm whether it works with Talk2Watch.
    02-26-15 09:50 AM
    You won't know until at earliest May if it will work. I'll get one in June so I can tell you then. As for getting one at that time, I'm not too sure what the wait will be for them.

Posted with Passport CB10
    02-26-15 06:21 PM
    Are the two smart watch apps on BlackBerry world mature enough now? Is it worth it for me to use a pebble on it?

Any advice would help,

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    OK here's the deal unless you have 10.3.1, and I don't, so I can't tell you what the Talk2Watch update exclusive for 10.3.1 and up can do, the Talk2Watch app will only really give you notifications. There are other things it does back door with Script mode but all in all notifications is what it does. To download watch faces and apps you have to use the Official Pebble App. And in order for those apps to work you have to have the Pebble app running. It's important to note that Talk2Watch and the Pebble App Don't play nice together, so you can't have them both open at the same time. This is a dilemma because you have to make a choice whether to keep Talk2Watch running and get your notifications but have absolutely useless apps on your Pebble or have the Pebble app running and make use of your apps but get no notifications.

With that being said there are some cool things about Talk2Watch like the fact that you can control your music player from your watch. I make a lot of use of that especially in the cramped subways of NY during the morning rush.

Also its fair to say that with 10.3.1 there is an update to Talk2Watch Pro version, where I hear you now have more options and can even access the Pebble App store. I haven't used it yet because I don't have 10. 3.1, still waiting on T-Mobile here in the U.S., but I wonder if just because you have access to the Pebble app store it means the apps will actually work with Talk2Watch. Check out this video of the new Talk2Watch update for os 10.3.1 users only.

Don't get me wrong I think the developer of Talk2Watch has done a fantastic job considering what he has to work with. It just annoys me that developers won't just take the time to build apps for BlackBerry 10 and force us to use third-party apps. Nevertheless, with its short comings and all I use my Pebble watch everyday with Talk2Watch, and use the Pebble app from time to time to download watch faces. I'm happy with my Pebble and don't regret the purchase.

This my honest review of Talk2Watch and the Pebble watch from my perspective, I'm sure others will have there own opinions. Once I have 10.3.1 and am able to download the latest version of Talk2Watch I can give you a review on that. Good luck with making your decision to purchase.

Check out Connectedly for more information on wearables and the Pebble watch.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:03 PM