I have the Pearl 8130 and am thinking about getting the Curve 8330.

But other than the bigger screen and qwerty keyboard.... what does the Curve have that the Pearl doesn"t ?

Been checking out the Curve and unless I'm missing something ..I don't see and major advantage it has over the Pearl .
    12-03-08 08:41 PM
    Pretty much just the screen and full qwerty. If youre happy with the pearl then id save any upgrade eligibility and money for something else.
    12-03-08 09:44 PM
    The Niagra (CDMA) will probably be out next summer sometime. If you can hold out that long for an upgrade then do so. If you REALLY need qwerty then get the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 09:49 PM
    96mb on the Curve vs 64mb on the Pearl is about the only other difference.
    12-03-08 09:55 PM
    the curve has more internal memory... Meaning it doesn't run as slow, it can have have more apps on it, and it doesn't delete your texts the way the pearl does. I just went from an 8130 to an 8330 and I LOVE my curve!!

12-03-08 10:00 PM
    96mb on the Curve vs 64mb on the Pearl is about the only other difference.
    the curve has more internal memory... Meaning it doesn't run as slow, it can have have more apps on it, and it doesn't delete your texts the way the pearl does. I just went from an 8130 to an 8330 and I LOVE my curve!!

In a nutshell, that's the other biggie....
    12-03-08 10:29 PM
    I have both and lemme tell you the Curve is a **** of alot faster running 4.5 OS than the Pearl. On the memory i'm not sure the BB website says they both have 64MB
    Last edited by Bajanbastard; 12-03-08 at 10:44 PM.
    12-03-08 10:38 PM
    Eh. I'm running 8130/4.3.0.60 deleted a few of the apps I don't use and have had no problems with memory leak. Running a whole bunch of apps on my phone and still not running into any problems. Its personal preference basically comes down to qwerty or suretype

12-03-08 10:42 PM
    I enjoy the the full keyboard of my curve.
    12-03-08 11:22 PM
    So there's no real huge difference that makes it worth making the switch .

Thanks muchly for all the replies
    12-03-08 11:34 PM
    you can actually google "pearl vs curve" to get some more technical information. Thats what I did.

I had the white pearl and switched to the red curve...just because I wanted they keyboard. I am really happy with the change. I really liked the pearl a lot, but I find the curve all around more convenient.
    12-03-08 11:53 PM
    So there's no real huge difference that makes it worth making the switch .

Thanks muchly for all the replies
    There's really not, I liked the size of my pearl compared to the curve, not a big fan of the
    tiny buttons compared to the pearl keyboard..
    12-03-08 11:55 PM
    I liked the size of my pearl compared to the curve, ..
    Is it really noticable?

reason I ask is I work in construction and can hide my pearl deep in my pocket away from all the dust..and not even know its there .
    12-04-08 12:02 AM
    I really missed this argument. I have a Pearl and a Curve. I love them both for different reasons. I love the extra memory on the Curve. It's VERY nice, but I love the suretype on the Pearl. I love the big screen, but I hate trying to carry the Curve in my pocket. The Pearl is so small and easy to carry. I forget that it's even there. I can't choose one over the other because they are both such great BB's.

12-04-08 12:08 AM
    but I hate trying to carry the Curve in my pocket. The Pearl is so small and easy to carry. I forget that it's even there.
    Just answered my main concern about switching over . Thanks muchly
    12-04-08 12:12 AM
    Is it really noticable?

reason I ask is I work in construction and can hide my pearl deep in my pocket away from all the dust..and not even know its there .

You really should go check one out, curves are pocketable, but it's different...
    12-04-08 12:14 AM
    You really should go check one out, curves are pocketable, but it's different...
    I agree. They are, but it's a very noticeable difference. If you need the extra memory, the larger screen, and don't like suretype; then go for it. But if you like the compact design of the Pearl, the Curve is a pocket full. Lol

12-04-08 12:23 AM
    8130 PEARL= More compact, fast for messaging, simple and efficient, a strong value for what you pay for (Upgrade Prices) and has features that more expensive phones don't have.
    For texting: it's great if you love the convenience of SURETYPE and don't mind to sacrifice character space on SMS. It's perfect for people who want to spell everything correctly & properly. It's also easier to text using one hand.
    Great with accessories: Can use with cases, pouches, and skins without much added bulk.
    Consumer-Oriented BB with a touch of Business: The Pearl was originally marketed as RIM's consumer-focused handset. It often appeals to a younger crowd and to 1st-time BB owners. It has powerful features for users who may later want to get more out of their BB.

8330 CURVE = Bigger screen, more internal memory & the QWERTY Keyboard is among the best of PDAs/Smartphones.
    For Texting: great for people who like using shorthand & have the flexibility for slang words. It's more difficult to use the Curve with one hand.
    For busy & active people: With more memory, you can run more apps easily with the Curve; the larger screen makes Multimedia more enjoyable and text easier to read. The Curve is equally suitable for business and/or personal use.

I use both phones everyday and I enjoy them both. I like typing with my Curve because I can switch between shorthand & proper typing very easily. With my Pearl, I use it strictly for business and I enjoy the SURETYPE for professional writing.

Remember what the Pearl & Curve have in common: 2.0 MP Camera, Up to 8GB of external memory, 3.5 mm headset jacks, Mini-USB Charging Ports, and the same multimedia capabilities.

I hope this helps.
    12-04-08 01:20 AM
    I got the Pearl for my first BB. I like it just fine. If I had to do it all over again I would get the Curve. Full keyboard, more memory. Most people on here have nothing but good to say about the Curve. Very popular phone.
    12-04-08 01:26 AM
    I never had the pearl but I got the curve its amazing. It just looks better than the pearl

12-04-08 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD