I've had my ebay Pearl for less than 2 months and LOVE the BB "experience" so much that I've been trolling ebay for a Curve 8330 or Storm 9530.

The one huge thing I find with the Pearl is lagging and freezing due to the limitations of the onboard memory! Drives me nuts to have to do a battery pull every other day! The other thing is the TINY screen!

So, I just won a "just about new" Storm. I love the trackball of the Pearl. I love the SureType (after getting used to it).
    I do have 3rd party apps and themes installed on the Pearl.

How is the transition going to be to a trackball-less device? How easy is it to install my BOUGHT 3rd party apps over? Any hints or tips for this Mac user running Desktop Manager 4.6 in XPpro (via VMwareFusion)?

Any firmware updates that I should know about? If so, where do I find them? Is there a specific firmware that works better, even if it's not the "latest and greatest"?

Will I have to re-purchase Tetherberry? The one I have is linked to the PIN of the Pearl.

Please help this still n00b, but Craddicted user. Absolutely any hints or tips would help.

Thanks Crackberrians, in advance.
    04-04-09 02:05 AM
    Wow, lotsa look-sees, no input?

Mods, does this need to be moved to either 3rd Party Apps section, or the Storm section?

Or should I just repost in those sections?
    04-04-09 04:44 PM
    I've had my ebay Pearl for less than 2 months and LOVE the BB "experience" so much that I've been trolling ebay for a Curve 8330 or Storm 9530.

The one huge thing I find with the Pearl is lagging and freezing due to the limitations of the onboard memory! Drives me nuts to have to do a battery pull every other day! The other thing is the TINY screen!

So, I just won a "just about new" Storm. I love the trackball of the Pearl. I love the SureType (after getting used to it).
    I do have 3rd party apps and themes installed on the Pearl.

How is the transition going to be to a trackball-less device? How easy is it to install my BOUGHT 3rd party apps over? Any hints or tips for this Mac user running Desktop Manager 4.6 in XPpro (via VMwareFusion)?

Any firmware updates that I should know about? If so, where do I find them? Is there a specific firmware that works better, even if it's not the "latest and greatest"?

Will I have to re-purchase Tetherberry? The one I have is linked to the PIN of the Pearl.

Please help this still n00b, but Craddicted user. Absolutely any hints or tips would help.

Thanks Crackberrians, in advance.
    Check my sig for the latest leaked version number for the Storm and it can be found in the Storm OS subforum. I don't think your apps are going to work on the Storm. I don't tether so I can't help you there. There is a tips and tricks section in the Storm forum, you should go there first as there is a wealth of information. I had no problem getting used to the touch screen but you will need practice. I guess the short answer is you need to use the search function. Just about every question you have asked can be answered by doing a search.
    Last edited by armedtank; 04-04-09 at 04:55 PM.
    04-04-09 04:52 PM
    transition will be easy i would recommend going with os .113 seems to be very stable and rumor is vzw will be releasing an official version soon. the apps will not work since most apps for the storm tend to be storm only. because of the accelerometer and lack of trackball. themes def. will not work. some cases with apps when switching one device to another the distributor can be contacted and will supply a new registration key. spend some time in storm section and you will find more than you can handle as far as the info goes.
    04-04-09 08:39 PM
    transition will be very welcoming as i've converted from a pearl to a storm as well. the difference is night and day. i'm still on .75 but haven't had much problems that others experienced. you'll LOVE the screen... i sure do. as long as your familiar w/ BBs you'll become acquainted w/ the 9530 fairly easily. the key is to keep playing w/ it...
    04-04-09 08:48 PM
    Thanks folks, I pretty much thought I'd have to pony up for apps and themes again.

Main concern is Tetherberry though. I do have an email in to them about this, just waiting for a reply.
    I'll do the same for Aerize Card Loader and a couple of others that I've paid for.
    Armedtank, sorry for not searching. I do know better, as I'm a moderator on a couple of forums myself. It was after 3 am where I am, and had just gotten notification that I'd won the Storm, so hopped on here and posted, then crashed.

Sorry.

Do I dare even ask about unlocking, to have full functionality? Bell tends to "lock out" a lot of functionality of their phones.
    04-04-09 09:12 PM
    Thanks folks, I pretty much thought I'd have to pony up for apps and themes again.

Main concern is Tetherberry though. I do have an email in to them about this, just waiting for a reply.
    I'll do the same for Aerize Card Loader and a couple of others that I've paid for.
    Armedtank, sorry for not searching. I do know better, as I'm a moderator on a couple of forums myself. It was after 3 am where I am, and had just gotten notification that I'd won the Storm, so hopped on here and posted, then crashed.

Sorry.

Do I dare even ask about unlocking, to have full functionality? Bell tends to "lock out" a lot of functionality of their phones.

No problem here bro, I wanted to give you a heads up before you get flamed with a 100 posts about doing a search. If you posted this in the Storm forum, I might not have been able to save you.

As for unlocking the Storm, VZW doesn't really have any of it's features locked down. All unlocking on the Storm does is allow you to do is use your Storm on any gsm network you chose. People are using unlocked Storms on AT&T, Alltel, etc.....
    04-04-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";