06-06-08 03:19 PM
35 12
tools
    I got rid of my 8830 and got an 8330 because of the memory leak problem. It's an outrage that the issue has lasted for over a year. Still, there was way too little RAM on the device to begin with. I heard that Palm and RIM were co-manufacturing their hardware...
    06-05-08 08:38 PM
    Reenee - very good advice, thanks. Jason also said to thank you. Haha...

Anyhow, well now my second problem is this: Apparently the new Curves for Verizon are all having a speaker issue.. So I suppose my only choice now is to move to the WE?? It's a pretty bulky phone, and I'm wondering how much I will miss the camera.. I mean, who doesn't take pics of silly things when they are out and about? I know I do...
    06-06-08 12:39 PM
    Apparently the new Curves for Verizon are all having a speaker issue ...
    I am sure it is an acceptably low number of actual problems, that is what they have warranties for.

The last thing a manufacture wants is a product recall.
    06-06-08 12:54 PM
    Stoner - Very true, very true... However, I have heard about this issue quite a few times.

Also - I haven't had the chance to get my OS up for ya... I'll try to do that today.
    06-06-08 01:09 PM
    Why don't you wait for the BB Bold and its quantum leap in memory ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 01:13 PM

Because to be honest, I'm not convinced that I should even get the Bold. It will probably be out waaay late for Verizon (as usual) and the price will probably be off the wall for us. (again, as usual)

Plus, I want to remedy my issues now.. Not wait forever on a non-existant release date, ya know??
    06-06-08 01:33 PM
    Once we get your free memory out of the danger area, I am confidant you will be thrilled all over again with your Pearl.

I replied before I saw the post about 8330 speaker issues. It is a little concerning that a reset will fix the problem, that is typical of a software issue.
    06-06-08 01:58 PM
    Stoner - Yay, I'm excited already!!! I think that a new casing and memoury fix will be just the ticket!
    06-06-08 02:23 PM

Ohh yes, no more low memory.
    06-06-08 03:10 PM
    Ohh yes, no more low memory.
    LOL I remember when Bill Gates said that about 640 Kb of memory.

It will fill up quickly, it always does. But you have room for hundreds of third party apps before it makes any difference.
    06-06-08 03:19 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD