after I pull my battery I have around 25,000,000 Bytes free, this gradually decreases as I leave the phone on, to about 18,000,000 after four days, pulling the battery resets it back to 25,000,000.

I never have any additional programs running, and the only additional apps I have are google sync & msn messenger, are there known memory issues with either of these programs?

Anything I can do about this (except pulling the battery every four days)?
    12-02-08 02:17 AM
    I'd say that's about normal, it has been a while since I had a Pearl but that doesn't sound too over the top!
    12-02-08 03:45 AM
    Wow, I wish mine was that stable. My pearl will go from 22 at battery pull to 12 in an 8 hour work day. I pull mine every morning when I leave for work, and every evening when I get home....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 05:25 AM
    be sure to menu>close your apps when your not using them, as that will pull unneccessary memory.. from the home screen u can also hit alt and the "back" arrow to see what you got running..

after reset i now got just under 22, after about 48 hrs im at 16, where it stays pretty stable for the next day or so... im just coming to the phase where mem doesn't really matter as much... it may be time to change my sig!
    12-02-08 07:48 AM
    Instead of a battery pull you can add the app "soft reset", does the same thing with out removing the cover. Google soft reset and you'll find it.
    12-02-08 07:54 AM
    I hardly ever do battery pulls unless you count changing batteries sometimes. My phone stays between 19xxxxxx and 15xxxxxx but I use the net a lot and constantly clean my memory and stuff. I go a week without ever taking the battery out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 10:32 AM
    In my experience, it is normal for BlackBerry to use 8-10 Mb after a restart. It remains quite stable at the level.

The setting for Media / Options / Device Reserved Memory, as small as 5 Mb in v4.5xx, determines the lower level of memory required for normal use.

12-02-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD