So my pearl every 2 or 3 days just randomly erases all my text messages and my call history. Is this normal? Is there a way to turn this off? or should i be concerned and return my phone?
    07-29-08 11:41 PM
    Classic case of a memory leak. Check out Stoner's guide to freeing up memory in the How To section under the "Newbies" tab.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 11:44 PM
    What do you mean by memory leak? How do I take care of this issue?
    07-30-08 12:05 AM
    By memory leak 49 means that your device is running low on memory.
    To check this go to options > status, if your file free
    is less than 12,xxx,xxx you are in for problems

First try a battery pull
    Second try to follow the link to Stoner's Guide
    in my signature
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-30-08 at 12:10 AM.
    07-30-08 12:08 AM
    I'd also recommend you download an app called Soft Reset after you're done with clearing some memory. It'll let you do a reset without having to physically pull the battery every time - especially useful if you have a skin or a case.
    07-30-08 12:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Unfortunatly, it is a well known problem with the Pearl and Curves. It is caused by running low on memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-30-08 09:51 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Unfortunatly, it is a well known problem with the Pearl and Curves. It is caused by running low on memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Not all curves have this problem. The 8330 has more memory than previous curves, so the memory leak isn't an issue.

07-30-08 10:02 AM
    Not all curves have this problem. The 8330 has more memory than previous curves, so the memory leak isn't an issue.

I stand corrected. I could have been more specific, but that was intended to reassure OP that many of us have the same issue.

...the memory leak isn't an issue.
    Yet. It will take a lot longer to show itself, but the same principals apply. Eventualy, there will be a need for memory management.
    07-30-08 10:11 AM
    there always is unless you have the 8330
    07-30-08 10:23 AM
    Stoner's Guide saves another Berry
    07-30-08 10:24 AM
    I stand corrected. I could have been more specific, but that was intended to reassure OP that many of us have the same issue.

Yet. It will take a lot longer to show itself, but the same principals apply. Eventualy, there will be a need for memory management.
    Obviously. But I have a 2GB (hopefully soon to be 8GB) media card for all my music and pictures, and i don't need to keep months and months of emails and texts (that's what my computer is for), so I don't forsee the memory leek being an issue for me. So let's not just hate on the 8330, but the bold then too...because it too will have memory leak issues eventually..

Don't hate just cause you have an 8320 with no plan..
    07-30-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD