Hi

I will be changing my mobile plan and I have been given the choice of either a pearl 8110 or curve 8310.

I currently have a pearl 8100.

As far as i can see, the only difference is the keyboard layout. Does the curve have more features then the pearl? As far as size goes, it doesnt bother me.

Does anyone have opinions on what phone i should choose?

Regards
    Sam
    Last edited by staino; 07-14-08 at 12:10 AM.
    07-13-08 11:46 PM
    I had a pearl and upgraded to a curve. I like the curve so much better. You get the full qwerty and a bigger screen. As good as the suretype works nothing beats qwerty. If I were you I would go with the curve
    07-13-08 11:49 PM
    I would recommend looking at the two devices side-by-side and using them to see which one you prefer. Many people love the SureType on the Pearl for texting, but the full QWERTY is great and extremely fast and easy to type on once you get used to it and your key accuracy improves!!

I also enjoy the larger screen on the Curve, etc
    07-13-08 11:50 PM
    I have a Pearl but I wish I would have spent a few extra bucks to get the curve
    07-13-08 11:55 PM
    As bmcclure said, you really have to try them both for
    yourself. I have both and like them both for completely
    different reasons. But only you can figure out what's best for you.
    07-13-08 11:57 PM
    I feel the same way, but they didn't have the curve when i got my pearl
    07-13-08 11:57 PM
    I have the pearl 8130, and I love it. I love the sure type, and I like the sleekness of the phone.
    07-13-08 11:58 PM
    Why do you wish you went for the curve?
    07-14-08 12:01 AM
    I enjoy the sure type on the pearl - does the curve have a similar feature that helps guess the word you are typing? Im really bad at spelling
    07-14-08 12:04 AM
    Also i normally carry my pearl in my pocket - will i be able to do this with the curve? Or is the curve too big to fit in the pocket?
    07-14-08 12:10 AM
    Why do you wish you went for the curve?
    I like the full QWERTY keyboard on the Curve and I also like the size of it a little more. I guess it just feels more legit in the palm of my hand.

I enjoy the sure type on the pearl - does the curve have a similar feature that helps guess the word you are typing? Im really bad at spelling
    And the Curve has a full keyboard, no suretype, which makes it a little bit easier to type exactly what you want everytime.
    07-14-08 12:12 AM
    Being a qwerty keyboard the Curve does not need SureType.

The Curve really is not that much bigger than the Pearl
    so yes, it is completely "pocketable"
    07-14-08 12:13 AM
    People here have great advice, take their word for it and test both phones out at the same time. I was also deciding beetween the two if them and decided to go with the Curve for its keyboard and larger screen. Its also the perfect fit to my hand and easily goes inot my pockets. Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with your BB. Good luck on your choice. .......PS: on second thought, go with the Curve. Hehe, srry but I'm a bit biased. Lol
    07-14-08 01:08 AM
    Thanks for the advice. Ill try and ask the people at vodafone store to show me both - but the problem is they never stock blackberries - only the consumer orientated brands (read - crappy nokias). Ive never been into a vodfone store where they actually had one in stock to play with.
    07-14-08 01:17 AM
    What has been said is said, I prefer the QWERTY and hence the Curve. It is simply a matter or preference. I'm amazed at how small and compact the Curve really is, I think the Pearl is just longer than the Curve is wider which allows for the QWERTY.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 01:35 AM
    Hi everyone

A decision has been made

Because the phone is free on the plan - i might as well try the curve. I might just wait for the bold to be released in Australia and buy that when it comes out.

Thanks for all the help

Regards
    Sam
    07-14-08 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";