Hello,

I have a question about the call log on the Pearl 8130: the �call log� (when pushing the little green phone symbol button � upper left) � it displays a list of calls. How can I determine A) which calls are incoming and which are outgoing? And B) the time stamp of the call? When was the call made?

Thanks for any info!
    12-16-08 09:57 AM
    That list is really just a "recent call" list. The actual Call Log can be found by:

View Folder
    Call Log or Missed Calls

To answer your question, though, in my recent call list the blue phone icons are outgoing, yellow is missed and green is incoming. There are small arrows that also indicate if the call is in or out.

In the actual Call Log (Messages-View Folder) the calls will be listed as Placed, Received. There is a separate Call Log Folder for Missed Calls.

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-16-08 at 11:52 AM.
    12-16-08 10:01 AM
    Hey chrisy520 � thanks for the information. The �Phone Call Logs� is what I was looking for. It indicates outgoing or incoming, along with the time of the call.

My �Missed Calls� was empty, maybe because I generally clear my messages folder???

Interestingly, in what you�re referring to as the �recent calls� list, I have no colored phone icons or arrows at all. Could this be configuration or version of software/phone?

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

kvn
    12-16-08 02:54 PM
    Hey chrisy520 – thanks for the information. The “Phone Call Logs” is what I was looking for. It indicates outgoing or incoming, along with the time of the call.

My “Missed Calls” was empty, maybe because I generally clear my messages folder???

Interestingly, in what you’re referring to as the “recent calls” list, I have no colored phone icons or arrows at all. Could this be configuration or version of software/phone?

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

kvn
    yes, that is posssible. i have a curve so it may look different than the pearl. i have no experience with the pearl.

someone with a pearl may be able to tell us if they see the color phone icons in their recent call list. i'm curious to know.

Here's what those icons look like on the curve on the "recent calls" list:

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-16-08 at 03:25 PM.
    12-16-08 03:06 PM
    Yep colored phones and all the same as your view on the curve. Os 4.3.0.97

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 10:25 PM
    I have an 8130 and my recent call list looks exactly the same with the same color legend Chrisy has on the curve.

I'm wondering if you see having a problem with low memory. Your list may be getting deleted if you are out of memory. You can check by going to options status. You will need to do a soft reset if you have the app installed. Otherwise you will have to do a battery pull.

12-16-08 10:25 PM
    I have an 8130 and my recent call list looks exactly the same with the same color legend Chrisy has on the curve.

I'm wondering if you see having a problem with low memory. Your list may be getting deleted if you are out of memory. You can check by going to options status. You will need to do a soft reset if you have the app installed. Otherwise you will have to do a battery pull.

Interesting. If low memory is referring to the "File Free" and "File Total" entries, File Free is 11397826 bytes, and File Total is 50462720 bytes. Seems to me that there's plenty of memory.

With that said, last night I received two calls (got two VMs anyway), but neither call showed up in the Missed Call log or the other call log. What's up with that???
    12-17-08 09:50 AM
    your file free is below 12xxxxxx. you need to delete some stuff keep it above 12. there is a thread I followed on here to increse my file free do a search on it you need it bad. basicly you delete the apps and stuff you never use and probably never will. Anytime you go below 12 the BB starts deleting unimportant stuff at random to free memory so the phone can still function.
    12-17-08 10:23 AM
    it does sound like a low memory issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    12-17-08 01:38 PM
    While in recent calls go to menu and then view history. It will show the calls to and from that number.

12-17-08 01:45 PM
    Thanks for all the help. Deleted a couple of apps and got the memory up above 15xxxxxx. Hopefully this will work.

What apps do most people delete? There were only a few that seemed to not be all that important to me and I've only installed a couple myself (i.e. googletalk, CNN, etc.) Also, the list of apps in Advanced Options doesn't seem to include all the apps that are on the desktop. For example the Cellebrite PhoneBook. I don't even know what that is and it doesn't show up in the list of applications.

I have another question: the SMS list of messages have a check mark next to the sent messages. Some of them have a small "D" above the check mark and some don't. What does the "D" indicate?
    12-19-08 12:42 PM
    Delivered.

You might want to visit and try this thread.

Memory Optimization
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

12-19-08 12:47 PM
    Thanks for all the help. Deleted a couple of apps and got the memory up above 15xxxxxx. Hopefully this will work.

What apps do most people delete? There were only a few that seemed to not be all that important to me and I've only installed a couple myself (i.e. googletalk, CNN, etc.) Also, the list of apps in Advanced Options doesn't seem to include all the apps that are on the desktop. For example the Cellebrite PhoneBook. I don't even know what that is and it doesn't show up in the list of applications.

I have another question: the SMS list of messages have a check mark next to the sent messages. Some of them have a small "D" above the check mark and some don't. What does the "D" indicate?
    If im not mistaken the small D means delivered...if you have delivery notifications enabled.
    12-19-08 12:49 PM
    Delivered.

That's what I originally thought but it doesn't show up on all messages, even though I know that they were delivered. Hmmm...

And I've already had a quick look at the link you posted but I haven't had a chance to really check it out in detail.

Thanks again.
    12-19-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD