I realize that this thread is over half a year old, but I got to say, with the Pearl Flip being my first BlackBerry, SureType is no joke. It's the main reason why I want to get a Storm2: bold-like speed with both SureType and full qwerty when I need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 10:04 PM
    I must agree i love my pearl as well, with the exception of the trackball, i have had the chance to use the new trackpad found on the 8520 and the 9700, if BB would release the pearl with a trackpad... i would be good to go
    01-05-10 10:10 PM
    Meh. I liked the pearl size, but the curve 8320 screen was just the right size. While suretype is faster in some cases, a modified curve dictionary blows suretype out of the water. Anyone else use a modded dict?

01-05-10 10:20 PM
    My first post here... I recenlty got my first BB and its a 8130. My fingers are a bit big for the keyboard, but I am becoming a texting fool. I had a Sony Erickson w200 for several years and getting my pearl is light years ahead! I have spent the whole day today really tweaking my phone from all the great information on this website. Thankyou everyone for taking the time to document all of your successes and failures. After reading and learning all of these new tricks and tips today I can't wait to put some of them to use. I look forward to getting hooked on my crackberry!

Welcome to the CB forum! Don't be surprised if u get addicted. It happened to all of us.
    01-05-10 11:12 PM
    Hard to read massive amounts of emails on slim screens. blah.
    01-06-10 08:38 AM
    I swear I can out type anyone on my Pearl. Only real gripe is the low memory. I have to do at least 2 battery pulls a day. They need to hurry up and realease the new Pearl. I just wish they made it a little thinner. Sweet phone, FTW!
    01-06-10 10:08 AM
    I love my pearl! I ve had it since June of last year and other than a roller ball replacement its perfect for my first BB! I know it took me some getting used to the sure type but now people say holy crap you type fast cause both hands can go crazy all over the keyboard

My only dislike is the camera, it takes crappy pics compared to other BB's

I want a storm though but rogers wont carry it
    01-06-10 06:53 PM
    I must agree i love my pearl as well, with the exception of the trackball, i have had the chance to use the new trackpad found on the 8520 and the 9700, if BB would release the pearl with a trackpad... i would be good to go
    Check out the BlackBeryy 9100. It's basically a 3G Pearl with a trackpad and upgraded OS/memory/etc...

01-06-10 07:49 PM
    Lol this is such a old thread bought back to life nice hhaa

01-06-10 09:12 PM
    all I can say is BRING ON THE STRATUS! All the goodness of the 9700 (or so I understand) in a compact package!

For me a Berry is entertainment, phone, communication (sms/BBM/IM) and an attempt to bring some organization into my life. I had the 8130, and loved suretype... was thinking about the 8520, but honestly a QWERTY kinda leaves me cold. Besides I like efficiant packaging. Why carry something the size of the original BOLD when the Stratus has 97.486% of the features in something 3/4 size? (its just how I'm wired. I drive a compact car and probably will till need forces me to drive something larger)
    01-08-10 10:49 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD