I just recently bought the rim unlocked pearl 8100. I got just the phone, usb cable, and chargers...NO CD. So I figured the internet must have the desktop manager so I can transfer music onto my phone. So I downloaded desktop manager...installed it w/ my phone connected through usb...and thought it would work when i restarted. The program won't recognize the device. So I've been searching for answers and someone told me to dl usb and modem drivers......I did...still no luck.

Has anyone had this same problem....or does someone know how I go about getting my comp to recognize the usb is plugged in.. My computer is xp....My phone service is t-mobile prepaid...

If anyone can help or give me an idea...I'd really appreciate it...Thanks
    06-30-08 11:20 AM
    Anyone can help me?
    06-30-08 12:40 PM
    Try > Start / Control panel / Portable Media Devices. Have it search for your Device.. Have you restarted your P.C. ? are you sure the USB cable is Good ? The P.C. should alert you when you connect to your P.C..
    06-30-08 12:46 PM
    Vandal, I love your avatar. Loooooooooove that picture.
    06-30-08 12:47 PM
    Vandal, I love your avatar. Loooooooooove that picture.
    Thanks jenaywins I did not shave that Day
    06-30-08 12:57 PM
    how do you verify if the usb cable is good?
    06-30-08 01:35 PM
    Thanks jenaywins I did not shave that Day
    Lol..........
    06-30-08 01:38 PM
    how do you verify if the usb cable is good?
    XP should automatically acknowledge your Device and launch a Operations Box that ask what you would like to do ie: Play, Copy, etc. If it is not and the cable is connected I would Guess that may be a Problem. You might try a different USB Port or a Different cable connected to another device.
    06-30-08 01:51 PM
    this is just bizarre....i plugged in my zen into usb and it worked just fine. I'm going to try and re-install it...should the device be plugged in pre-installation or after.
    06-30-08 01:56 PM
    Install dm without the BB plugged in.

After installation plug in the BB Before you open Desktop Manager.
    06-30-08 01:59 PM
    Do NOT have The BB plugged in During the Install. If you did in the Begining that is the Problem only Plug your BB after the Install is Complete. Good Luck , and be sure to fully uninstall before Reinstall.
    06-30-08 01:59 PM
    this is just bizarre....i plugged in my zen into usb and it worked just fine. I'm going to try and re-install it...should the device be plugged in pre-installation or after.

after you reinstall.
    06-30-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD