Hi everyone! I am a new 8830WE owner and I love this phone! Other than the usual posted quirks with this device, I have a recently recurring and annoying problem. Some, but not all, emails sent from certain customers with Excel files attached are received on my PC but never show up on my BB. Some of these emails do come to my BB, but not all. The only constant thing is that the sending customer is always the same. Any ideas? This is a personal phone, not set up through a corporation and Verizon was no help.
    09-06-08 03:17 PM
    Do you have any filters either on Outlook or VZW's BIS site the would prevent the email from this sender from getting to the inbox?
    09-06-08 03:50 PM
    Are the non-delivered spreadsheets significantly larger than the ones that do get delivered? There is an attachment size limit, that varies by type of attachment. I'm not sure what the size limit is for spreadsheets.
    09-06-08 04:00 PM
    That though had crossed my mind also. But, even if the attachment was too large, wouldn't the email be delivered and the attachment stripped?
    09-06-08 04:09 PM
    The spreadsheets are not large. They are just simple ones that my customers order their coffee supplies from. There are 3 senders that all work for the same company and all send the same spreadsheets. 2 of the three I have problems receiving on my BB while the 3rd I have never had problems with. When I first got the BB, I didn't have any problems. I did upgrade to 4.2.2.196 through a VZW tech in May. I can't recall if the problem started after that, but I think it did.
    09-06-08 04:19 PM
    OK, stab in the dark here. The person's you are having problems with, would they both be using AOL or the same same ISP?
    09-06-08 04:29 PM
    They are not AOL, but they work for the same company so I assume they are going through the same corporate server.
    09-06-08 04:36 PM
    Since we don't know what it is, let's see what it is not. Have them send you a test email with no attachments.
    09-06-08 05:12 PM
    Ok, I will try that on Monday.
    09-06-08 05:30 PM
    wfldeng636,
    ok,I just had the customer send me 1 email with the Excel file attached and 1 email without. I received them both. any ideas?
    09-08-08 04:27 PM
    The only thing that makes sense is either a problem with your customers server or VZW. I know VZW has upgraded to push email on BIS. Might have been quirk on either end.
    09-08-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD