Hello I recently purchased BlackBerry Passport Silver edition from UK and in based India. I have added my PayPal account and Credit Card also in payment options but when I buy any app from app world I get an error stating "this purchase could not be completed. Please select a different Payment method (AW10000c)" this is really frustrating. Tried clearing the app cache but of no use. Please input your comments
    11-25-15 06:18 PM
    In order to use PayPal you must have a balance. To use a credit card it mustn't be a debit card. That has been case when I've tried to purchase something off BBW in the recent past.
    11-25-15 06:42 PM
    Payment Issues on BlackBerry World App-img_20151128_144043.png

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:11 AM
    Payment Issues on BlackBerry World App-img_20151128_143934.png PayPal Message

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:11 AM
    Ps comment 1st pic of credit card and second is of PayPal Account

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:13 AM
    Do you have a balance in your pay-pal account?
    11-28-15 08:48 AM
    Yes I have enough balance. But upon adding I get this message attached in this thread
    Payment Issues on BlackBerry World App-ii_1514833a0338170e.png

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 09:30 AM
    I have read where after a year you will need to delete the account in BlackBerry World then reauthorize it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nymore-952349/

SOLUTION:

For everyone having problems purchasing through blackberry appworld, where it's coming up with the error code PS1036lq, thanks to comments above, I've worked out the solution...

1. Log in to blackberryworld on a PC (no idea if this'll work from your phone or not).
    2. Hover over your username and a number of account options will appear.
    3. Click on "Payment Options".
    4. If you've not set it up before, set up PayPal as your payment option - follow all the instructions on the screen.
    5. If you HAVE set up PayPal before, select "modify", select "Pay with PayPal" - follow all the instructions on the screen.
    6. At the end of this you will have set up authority for BlackberryWorld to automatically take payment from PayPal.

Every thing should now be working properly and you can purchase apps till you're broke.
    11-28-15 09:59 AM
    Another thing you might try is to update to the latest version of BBW if you don't have it already.

My version is 5.3.0.10
    11-28-15 10:13 AM
    No luck I tired many times

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 10:14 AM
    I used to have the same problem. It turned out my AT&T sim card was blocking transactions through credit card/paypal when purchasing on BBW. The sim card wanted you to buy through AT&T and get billed on your monthly statement. So I would pop in an unused T-Mobile sim card to do my transaction and I had no issues. See if it might help.

Posted via Commodore 64
    11-29-15 05:50 PM
    I used to have the same problem. It turned out my AT&T sim card was blocking transactions through credit card/paypal when purchasing on BBW. The sim card wanted you to buy through AT&T and get billed on your monthly statement. So I would pop in an unused T-Mobile sim card to do my transaction and I had no issues. See if it might help.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Just wow.... sounds like a rort or a scam... more than a bug, lol! ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-29-15 07:13 PM
    Been using the same bank card in BlackBerry World for over 5 years, never had to delete it and re-add it.

You can also use a Debit/Visa or Mastercard as I do in the UK.

As you purchased the phone from the UK and now are using it in India, that maybe the issue as some far east countries don't allow BlackBerry World and other features to be used. Check with your Network Carrier.

You may also want to download BlackBerry Link http://blck.by/1LdIAUC
    To your PC and either Update or Re-load the software on the device.

Check your card details have been added correctly. When adding a a back card in BlackBerry World, you can use NFC to add the details.
    Turn on NFC - Open Payment Options - select Add and hold the card against the back until the phone Vibrates. Then just finish your personal details and save.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the message. Phone was purchased from UK. And possibly that they might be blocking some payments for east part of the world Apparently, there are passports the old versions in India. But I guess bbworld doesn't have any problem for them. Anyhow , tried entering my credit card details two times but both of the times there was a transction

I was reading somewhere that it's in the database of blackberry servers as they can only integrate the payment if they want is it true.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 01:12 AM
    Tried entering the card two times but somehow evertime there a debit for $1.6 in my account but the account doesn't go through

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 01:15 AM
    Tried changing different card too but same problem.

Payment Issues on BlackBerry World App-img_20151130_224550.png

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 11:17 AM
    Blackberryworld on the PC does not allow you to select a payment method anymore. You can only do it from the BB world app on your phone. I struggled for months to find a solution that will allow me to use paypal as a payment method because I got the error telling me to add my authentication key to the end of the password, which did not work. I have the latest updates and ran the update to BBworld provided for those having this issue and that did not work. The solution is that 2 factor authentication does not work through the BBworld app. You must disable 2 factor authentication within your paypal account, then go to BBworld app and choose paypal as your payment method and provide your paypal account and password. After you have successfully registered paypal as the payment method then go back to Paypal again and enable the 2 factor authentication as you wish.
    To do this in paypal:
    - on the paypal website login
    - go to settings, go to Security, go to security key
    - select each security key that is active and deactivate it
    - you must also deactivate your mobile number
    - the entry for your mobile number listed as 'registered' is okay, leave it
    You may now enable paypal as a payment method on your BBworld.
    - You may now go back to paypal and select the keys and mobile number you deactivated and activate them again.
    *this worked for me to enable paypal as a payment method. However I could not purchase any items immediately, but worked several hours later. I'd also recommend restarting your phone.
    *this is not a paypal issue, it is the BBworld app itself that does not authenticate itself correctly with paypal when 2 factor authentication is used

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 08:09 PM
    I had the same problem as the original poster. For me paypal stopped working because my device was only authorized by paypal for 1 year before my account needed to be authenticated again. This may be why your payments no longer worked and got the error and you need to re-authorize your BBworld app with paypal. To do this I had to go to BBworld and edit the paypal payment method and login again. However this would not work because I was using 2 factor authentication with a security key on paypal and BBworld could not successfully transmit the password and key together to paypal and could not authenticate my account. The solution that worked for me is in my previous post.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 08:18 PM
    PayPal in India is different. Only works if you are a merchant and you are "recieving" money's a.k.a payments for services rendered/goods sold.

That's it.

Use an Indian credit card like HDFC/S.B.I. Works without any issues on BlackBerry World here in India.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:12 AM
    Hi All,
    In case anyone is still having PayPal issues on BB10, I hope I'm not being insulting / stating the obvious here; but I take it you have done the following (published on the BlackBerry site)? :

Overview

When prompted to enter the PayPal credentials in BlackBerry World,*after*entering*the*credentials the following error message is displayed in red:

We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later.* (PS1036lq)

Note: This can occur when attempting to enter PayPal login information through the BlackBerry World app or in Settings > Payment Options.

Resolution
    Delete*and*then*add*the*PayPal account*payment method from*BlackBerry World*on*the*BlackBerry*10 smartphone*following*these*steps:

Open BlackBerry World on*the*BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    Select Payment Options
    If*prompted*for*BlackBerry ID credentials then*enter*them*now.
    If a PayPal payment method exists*then tap it and select Delete.
    Press the + button and select PayPal as an additional Payment Method.
    Enter the*PayPal Credentials.
    Set PayPal as the default payment method.
    Workaround

Change the payment method to something other than PayPal if available.

To confirm the payment method is now set to use PayPal:

On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap Settings > Payment Options.
    Your PayPal address should be listed as your method of payment.

If not, I hope this cracks it for you!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:32 PM
    Hi All,
    In case anyone is still having PayPal issues on BB10, I hope I'm not being insulting / stating the obvious here; but I take it you have done the following (published on the BlackBerry site)? :

Overview

When prompted to enter the PayPal credentials in BlackBerry World,*after*entering*the*credentials the following error message is displayed in red:

We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later.* (PS1036lq)

Note: This can occur when attempting to enter PayPal login information through the BlackBerry World app or in Settings > Payment Options.

Resolution
    Delete*and*then*add*the*PayPal account*payment method from*BlackBerry World*on*the*BlackBerry*10 smartphone*following*these*steps:

Open BlackBerry World on*the*BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    Select Payment Options
    If*prompted*for*BlackBerry ID credentials then*enter*them*now.
    If a PayPal payment method exists*then tap it and select Delete.
    Press the + button and select PayPal as an additional Payment Method.
    Enter the*PayPal Credentials.
    Set PayPal as the default payment method.
    Workaround

Change the payment method to something other than PayPal if available.

To confirm the payment method is now set to use PayPal:

On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap Settings > Payment Options.
    Your PayPal address should be listed as your method of payment.

If not, I hope this cracks it for you!

Posted via CB10

Unfortunately for me, I am not able to add a debit card, nor paypal through the app or through blackberry's saved payment option under settings.

But probably more important, I did not catch that BB ended purchasing on AppWorld. No big deal, I am enjoying my Passport and the PKB. I also enjoy the fact that google isn't constantly mining and stealing my personal data in the background.
    Last edited by allyourbasearebelongtous; 10-01-18 at 08:55 PM.
    09-30-18 07:32 PM
    Unfortunately for me, I am not able to add a debit card, nor paypal through the app or through blackberry's saved payment option under settings. I saw a post that said you need money in your paypal account for a purchase to work, but you shouldn't just to add a payment method. nonetheless I'll try to add some money in the account and see if that resolves my problem adding the account itself.
    This is ancient information since all paid apps can no longer be purchased through BBW. This happened about six months ago. Sorry to be the bad news messenger and good luck on the road to 12/31/2019 EOL date....
    09-30-18 07:41 PM
    This is ancient information since all paid apps can no longer be purchased through BBW. This happened about six months ago. Sorry to be the bad news messenger and good luck on the road to 12/31/2019 EOL date....
    ok thanks for the info on the purchasing aspect!

As far as EOL, that's about all context and what you use the phone for. I have a Nokia Pureview 808 and Microsoft shut down all the Symbian and nokia servers in 2015. None of which has decreased my ability to use the phone, nor buy or download apps for it.
    09-30-18 07:43 PM
    The same can't be said for BB though. Only a handful of developers have bothered to build alternative payment methods for their apps, though some others have made them free. Most of the rest are simply no longer available at all.
    10-01-18 12:26 PM
    ok thanks for the info on the purchasing aspect!

As far as EOL, that's about all context and what you use the phone for. I have a Nokia Pureview 808 and Microsoft shut down all the Symbian and nokia servers in 2015. None of which has decreased my ability to use the phone, nor buy or download apps for it.
    I only mention EOL as official from BB themselves. Nothing else is known by anyone here on BB10 functionality beyond that date. If you’re able to use the phone beyond 12/31/2019, great, but it’s unknown and pure speculation for now. This is due to unique BB10 server requirements of the OS itself.
    10-01-18 04:56 PM
34 12