Alright so I want to password protect my BlackBerry folder on my computer. I have Windows 7, and basically I have two BlackBerry's. One is my phone(Storm 2) and the other is my PlayBook. Now both my phone and PlayBook are both password protected so that is not my problem. What is the problem is that my BlackBerry backup folder I want to password protect but not sure how I can do this. I have a folder on my computer "Blackberry" and in this folder I have my backup folder with the backups from both devices and another folder with all my media (Music, Pictures, Video). I want to be able to password protect the whole Blackberry folder so no one can open it but yet still be able to use Blackberry desktop mangier so I can backup and sync data to that folder. Can any one give me any ideas on how this can be possible. Iv looked into it and found I can make it invisible which makes it harder for me and then also I can archive the folder but then won't be able to use desktop mangier. Are there any other options I can do to password protect this BlackBerry folder and still be able to use desktop mangier with out any problems. Thanks in advance!!!!
    05-04-11 05:52 PM
    Alright so I want to password protect my BlackBerry folder on my computer. I have Windows 7, and basically I have two BlackBerry's. One is my phone(Storm 2) and the other is my PlayBook. Now both my phone and PlayBook are both password protected so that is not my problem. What is the problem is that my BlackBerry backup folder I want to password protect but not sure how I can do this. I have a folder on my computer "Blackberry" and in this folder I have my backup folder with the backups from both devices and another folder with all my media (Music, Pictures, Video). I want to be able to password protect the whole Blackberry folder so no one can open it but yet still be able to use Blackberry desktop mangier so I can backup and sync data to that folder. Can any one give me any ideas on how this can be possible. Iv looked into it and found I can make it invisible which makes it harder for me and then also I can archive the folder but then won't be able to use desktop mangier. Are there any other options I can do to password protect this BlackBerry folder and still be able to use desktop mangier with out any problems. Thanks in advance!!!!
    You can right click on the Folder in Windows 7 that you have the backup and go to the Security tab then advanced settings where you change the settings to deny access to that folder but unfortunatly that will be ok for others not viewing it but once you use DM to do a backup and you point to the path of the backup you would have to change it back first and do the backup then change it again... alot of hassle to Password protest a folder.
    05-04-11 06:28 PM
    If you are trying to keep someone from getting your information by loading your backup onto their BlackBerry, you can set the option in Desktop Manager to encrypt the backup. Encrypting the backup doesn't impair the Desktop Manager function in any way, and guarantees no one can steal your info from an unprotected backup file.
    05-04-11 07:59 PM
    If you are trying to keep someone from getting your information by loading your backup onto their BlackBerry, you can set the option in Desktop Manager to encrypt the backup. Encrypting the backup doesn't impair the Desktop Manager function in any way, and guarantees no one can steal your info from an unprotected backup file.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why you would want to encrypt the folder rather than just encrypt the backup files themselves.
    05-04-11 08:14 PM
    Thanks a lot, ya I know I can encrypt the backup file itself but I wanted to password protect the whole folder so my video, music, and pictures that are synced to both of my devices are password protected. If I just encrypt the backup file yes no one would be able to access it but my Music, Video and Pictures folder would be completely vulnerably. Thanks for the replies though. If anyone else know a way to password protect a folder in Windows 7 that would be great!!!
    05-04-11 08:29 PM
    Encryption is the best way. No one will be able to read the info in the backup file without your password. Then when you want to connect your BlackBerry to DM, all you do is enter your password, and everything's operational.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 08:30 PM
    Ah, sorry. Cross-posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD