I was thinking about the person whose Pearl was stolen right before Christmas and a question came to mind. It falls into the category of Things I Wonder About, but Won't Test on My Blackberry:

Will a Password Lock survive a battery pull?

As in the following (and yes, I know it's a run-on sentence from ****): If I enable Ziggy's password lock and (heaven forbid) my Blackberry is stolen while locked down, if the thief pulls the battery and then reinserts it 30 secs later, which of the following would happen?

1) All data is wiped as though an incorrect password had been entered 10 times
    2) The Berry reengages the password lock after doing the spinning hourglass trick for a bit
    3) The Berry disengages the password lock after doing the spinning hourglass trick for a bit
    4) The Berry does some other thing(s) I haven't considered

Anyone know? Just curious...
    01-02-08 03:59 PM
    a battery pull will NOT affect your password settings. if you have password enabled it will ask for the password everytime as it normally would...

-db
    01-02-08 04:44 PM
    In addition, if you have typed your password 4 time incorrectly, and try a battery pull, it will come back up to (5 of 10).
    01-02-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD