Cool video with mock up of the size of passport in relation to current flagship phones.

Very useful in the meantime for those of us that haven't had the opportunity to see the real thing...

From my z30
    pantlesspenguin and lactose like this.
    07-27-14 09:33 AM
    It actually doesn't look that huge next to the Q10. Nice video!

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-27-14 09:37 AM
    It's already one of the best looking device out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport size mock up - comparisons-blackberry-passport-3.jpg  
    sebstarr likes this.
    07-27-14 09:39 AM
    Shows that is totally useless as a one handed device...Blackberry has made their choice and it is for the business market... no young people or everyday users are going to get that type of phone... hope Mr. Chen has done his research and that this phone sells well, for the future of the company... anymore flops in sales like the Z and Q 10 could finally kill what was a great manufacturer of phones
    07-27-14 02:51 PM
    BlackBerry is not primarily a mobile phone manufacturer. It's a software and services company and as such they will sell the Passport to business users.

The average consumer is dumb as a bag of hammers and wants everything for free! Selling to this demographic will not keep BlackBerry in business. Enterprise will.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-27-14 02:59 PM
    I do wonder how things will work via a hard shell case (otter box-esque) or, if the leather case is best. I'm guessing it will be a BlackBerry Passport + Government Passport dual case.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 03:00 PM
    So the dumb consumer wants everything for free... that has what exactly to do with putting out a phone that can never be handled with one hand... smh
    07-27-14 03:06 PM
    The Passport was never meant to be a one handed device. If you want that buy a Classic. SMH.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    07-27-14 04:07 PM
    It looks fat.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 10:50 PM
    Shows that is totally useless as a one handed device...Blackberry has made their choice and it is for the business market... no young people or everyday users are going to get that type of phone... hope Mr. Chen has done his research and that this phone sells well, for the future of the company... anymore flops in sales like the Z and Q 10 could finally kill what was a great manufacturer of phones
    It's basically a business phone, but that doesn't mean that it can't be successful among young people.
    07-28-14 01:37 AM
    It's basically a business phone, but that doesn't mean that it can't be successful among young people.
    With the lackluster BBW App store, it wouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 01:50 AM
    I hear that all of the time. Then explain the huge success of phablets like the Galaxy Note 1, 2 and 3? Those were mocked endlessly too, but are now what all major manufacturers are chasing, including Apple. A normal flagship is heading over 5" now. That was considered too big to be useful very recently.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    07-28-14 01:56 AM
    Interesting.. Has no one hosted a video, pics, or mock ups of the Passport next to an actual passport? I recall Chen stating that it's in fact the same size (minus the thickness) as a passport, hints it's name. Hold a passport in your hand, if you have one and that will give you a general idea of what to expect size-wise

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-28-14 07:58 AM
    Interesting.. Has no one hosted a video, pics, or mock ups of the Passport next to an actual passport? I recall Chen stating that it's in fact the same size (minus the thickness) as a passport, hints it's name. Hold a passport in your hand, if you have one and that will give you a general idea of what to expect size-wise

Passport size mock up - comparisons-crackberry-image-19-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-28-14 12:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(19).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	287471

Posted via CB10
    Lol This here is pure and unadulterated awesomeness

07-28-14 12:36 PM
    Lol This here is pure and unadulterated awesomeness

The travel passport is slightly off-center to the passport device in that photo as well... it is not that much wider.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 12:40 PM

Here's another:

Passport size mock up - comparisons-1405480684124.jpg

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-28-14 12:43 PM
    Something about that phone just looks wrong. Like a kirf device.
    07-28-14 12:46 PM
    Welp. One thing is undeniable- it's rightfully earned it's name as the Passport

07-28-14 12:49 PM