I am looking at the Passport through my rose colored BlackBerry fanboy glasses. But no matter how hard I try, I can't help thinking that it reminds me of a short, ugly, fat kid in school who got laughed at, picked on, teased and beat-up all the time. I think that most people will take one look at it and do just that. Laugh at it, joke about it and pick on it then just walk away. BlackBerry just can't afford any type of negative publicity and that's just what they are going to get. I am just beside myself that they would release a device like this. I want more than anything for BlackBerry to rise up and be what they were years ago. But I feel just awful about this phone and have a bad feeling it will be a disaster. I know many of you here love this device, but I think the general public will run from this like the plague.
    07-06-14 04:18 PM
    The short fat kids always grow up to be highly successful. :-))

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 04:22 PM
    I am looking at the Passport through my rose colored BlackBerry fanboy glasses. But no matter how hard I try, I can't help thinking that it reminds me of a short, ugly, fat kid in school who got laughed at, picked on, teased and beat-up all the time. I think that most people will take one look at it and do just that. Laugh at it, joke about it and pick on it then just walk away. BlackBerry just can't afford any type of negative publicity and that's just what they are going to get. I am just beside myself that they would release a device like this. I want more than anything for BlackBerry to rise up and be what they were years ago. But I feel just awful about this phone and have a bad feeling it will be a disaster. I know many of you here love this device, but I think the general public will run from this like the plague.
    I'm not so sure. The stock market has reacted quite positively to it. Something that can't be said about past blackberrys

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    ralphbu and DJM626 like this.
    07-06-14 04:24 PM
    They already act like that on every BlackBerry phones

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 04:26 PM
    The short fat kids always grow up to be highly successful. :-))

Posted via CB10
    I don't know any short fat 'kid' that I went to school with who is successful hahaha

The Passport is pretty thin though.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    07-06-14 04:41 PM
    I am buying that short, fat and ugly thing as soon as a factory unlocked version is available.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-06-14 04:44 PM
    I'm changing my name to Short Little Fat Blackberry , SLFB

Posted on CB10
    07-06-14 04:50 PM
    Sounds good to me...
    07-06-14 04:53 PM
    Believe me, I'm not picking on short ugly fat kids, or anybody at all. I had my share of being picked on when I was growing up. But the Passport looks like a short, ugly and fat (wide) phone that is just begging to be picked on.
    I know I bash the Passport a lot and I'm sorry for that. I just hope that my gut feeling about the phone being a failure is wrong.
    07-06-14 09:54 PM
    That frog will be a prince.
    web99 and jameson0107 like this.
    07-06-14 09:59 PM
    That frog will be a prince.
    LOL. For BlackBerry's sake I hope you are right and I am wrong!
    07-06-14 10:11 PM
    Well I'm short fat and ugly but when I grew up I became a god.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:19 PM
    Well I'm short fat and ugly but when I grew up I became a god.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, like Zeus?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:25 PM
    Let's just wait and see. I think it can go either way. Let's hope you are wrong because we need BlackBerry to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    lift, dbiv5445 and James Blight like this.
    07-06-14 10:26 PM
    Why pass judgement on a phone you haven't even used ? You must be a superficial person in real life.
    pcguy514, ronfc and Katika99 like this.
    07-06-14 10:29 PM
    Well honestly on a picture it doesn't look the best to me, so I will check it out as soon as it comes out. Then I will make up my own mind.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:32 PM
    Why pass judgement on a phone you haven't even used ? You must be a superficial person in real life.
    You have never passed judgement on something you never used? I don't need to use something to make an informed opinion. I'm far from superficial in real life, thanks. Your passing judgement on me and you don't even know me.
    07-06-14 10:47 PM
    ...and I think to myself what a wonderful world...
    07-06-14 11:20 PM
    Believe me, I'm not picking on short ugly fat kids, or anybody at all. I had my share of being picked on when I was growing up. But the Passport looks like a short, ugly and fat (wide) phone that is just begging to be picked on.
    I know I bash the Passport a lot and I'm sorry for that. I just hope that my gut feeling about the phone being a failure is wrong.
    Has your gut feeling ever made you personally successful? You should become a Psychic.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:38 PM
    I hope that the Passport attracts those who are looking for something a little different and the Classic attracts those who have been holding on to their 9900's etc. It doesnt matter if the Passport is getting negative or positive attention. Attention is attention. Maybe it may be enough to make people curious....
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    07-06-14 11:57 PM
    Despite not wanting to agree with you, I do......However, I still really want one. I can't really explain it, though. Part novelty factor, part that I just know the thing is going to feel solid in my hands, perhaps?

All I know is that there is a good chance I will be dropping cash on this phone that could likely be put to better use in my life elsewhere as soon as this thing is available.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-07-14 12:03 AM
    Us short, ugly fat kids are going to show you OP. We will shake up the cool kids of the smartphone world! We will get noticed for all the right reasons. We will be cool someday. You will all be working for us someday.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 07-07-14 at 10:00 AM.
    07-07-14 12:07 AM
    The Passport is bold, brash and beautiful. When, you walk into a room, this device says I'm in charge. The rest of you are followers.

The Passport will be a success because it's design is based on functionality. It is pretty simple. I'm thinking of jumping from all touch to this mean lean machine.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:14 AM
    You have never passed judgement on something you never used? I don't need to use something to make an informed opinion. I'm far from superficial in real life, thanks. Your passing judgement on me and you don't even know me.
    "I don't need to use something to make an informed opinion" What do you understand by "informed opinion"? You seem to only talk about looks, to have an "informed opinion" you must use something.
    wincyUt and Katika99 like this.
    07-07-14 12:15 AM
    Where do these people come from? can't figure out what the "correct designed" Blackberry should look like. Maybe it should be round ?
    wincyUt, Dee_Hayes and 1magine like this.
    07-07-14 01:12 AM
343 123 ...