I've been a loyal Blackberry user since my first smart phone. I have Windows and Mac computers, as well as an Ipad.
    I'm now running with a Passport and a Galaxy S6 edge. With this combination, I have the best of the best, in all areas of functionality. I now fully undertand John Chen's rationale for focusing on business functionality .
    The Passport excels at messaging and is passable on the App side.
    On the other hand, the S6 Edge plays really nicely with all of the major Apps, but is painful as a main communication device.
    Know your strengths and build on them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-16-15 06:26 PM
    SORRY, THAT WAS AN S6 EDGE. I CAN'T SEEM TO EDIT THE TITLE WITH THE ANDROID APP.

04-16-15 06:29 PM
    I'm using a Passport and my wife JUST upgraded from her Z10 to the S6 edge - it's a beautiful looking phone. She's on her way home to activate it right now- i'll be interested to see how she finds using it after having a blackberry for the last 8 years.
    04-16-15 06:40 PM
    Wow ha cool but I love my z30
    04-16-15 07:35 PM
    No thanks. I left Samsung and Android for many reasons and I couldn't recall a single benefit to going back. The Edge look gimmicky to me and I can't see much use for it, especially as a daily driver. People will find it cool today but will they get bored of it fast.
    04-17-15 12:35 AM
    S6 Edge looks sweet! With the ability to customize the whole look, as well as changing the themes of it, you'll never get bored of it.

That's the one thing I missed about the old BBOS. They need to bring out themes.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-17-15 12:46 AM
    The S6 edge has me really wanting to how the Slider will turn out. Im guessing with so many parts from Sammy in the phone that was shown we could be seeing the internals of the S6 in the slider as well. As more apps are developed and take advantage of the edge screen im curious to see how the productivity is increased.

04-17-15 01:46 PM
    The S6 edge has me really wanting to how the Slider will turn out. Im guessing with so many parts from Sammy in the phone that was shown we could be seeing the internals of the S6 in the slider as well. As more apps are developed and take advantage of the edge screen im curious to see how the productivity is increased.

Chen did say to expect something not seen before when he was questioned about the slider at mobile world congress. I can't wait to find out what it could be!

Loving my Passport!
    04-17-15 03:22 PM
    Would the samsung edge beat iphone 6 plus(for that matter passport) in terms of UX fluidity?

I know for sure Samsungs will have a very low SAR values, for which I might consider them.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:36 PM
    Would the samsung edge beat iphone 6 plus(for that matter passport) in terms of UX fluidity?

I know for sure Samsungs will have a very low SAR values, for which I might consider them.

Posted via CB10
    I would say that the S6 is as fluid as the Iphone, with a sharper screen and a more customizable OS.
    As a consumer, I'm not a fan of a walled garden approach to technology . Apple is much better at marketing and brand building. The products are always very polished, but almost always lacking in functionality. Unless you buy an add on device, such as Apple TV. Great business for them, not so good for the customer, unless you buy into the "it's magical" pitch.

04-17-15 06:30 PM
    Although I am a long time BlackBerry user and love my Q10, I used to dual-wield my BlackBerry with a Note2. I eventually sold the Note2, but am considering grabbing a Note4 as a second device, to compliment my Q10. Glad you're enjoying your S6 Edge.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:49 AM
    It's been a couple of weeks with the S6 Edge and I've definitely come to the realization that I really need my Passport to be as productive as possible.
    While the S6 has some outstanding features (the camera is superb!), the messaging and notification functionality are painful. It's a bit like using a butcher knife to do surgery, rather than a scalpel.

04-29-15 06:31 PM