I'm thinking of purchasing an original Passport from someone and I have some questions?

1. Do I need to call BlackBerry and register it or I can just put my Tmo Sim card and I'm good to go???

2. I'm paying $200 for it and it seems like a good buy right???

3. What test should I make to make sure the phone is legit and it works???

Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 12:18 PM
    I'm thinking of purchasing an original Passport from someone and I have some questions?

1. Do I need to call BlackBerry and register it or I can just put my Tmo Sim card and I'm good to go???

2. I'm paying $200 for it and it seems like a good buy right???

Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    There unlocked new devices for 196 $ including tax on eBay.
    10-16-16 12:34 PM
    2. I would spend the extra bucks and buy new.

1. If you buy used, be very sure that the seller has disabled BlackBerry Protect Anti-Theft. If you don't know what that is, visit the BlackBerry Knowledge Base and look it up and read.

You will need a nano SIM. If you have one already, great. If you don't, get one from T-Mobile and don't cut down a larger SIM.

You will need to create a BlackBerry ID. You can do this from the device. Be sure and write down and don't lose or forget the username and password. And confirm your email address when you get the message from BlackBerry.

3. Repeating, I would buy new. I wouldn't buy through ebay. Buy from Shop BlackBerry or Amazon. Point is buy from an authorized seller.

If you buy from the private seller, make sure you can return the device if there is something wrong with it. You can do you best to check what you can check, and if the device looks like it has been taken care of then the odds are in your favor, but you are taking the a risk if you don't have an agreement on return if the device is damaged.
    10-16-16 03:44 PM
    A couple of years ago I bought a Nexus 5 for my son off Kijiji. I was concerned about it being stolen and who knows what else. I found some great articles on what to look for and youtube videos. You want to check the OMEI number and there are ways to check for previous water damage. Just google buying a phone off craigslist. I would not buy off ebay since you can't test the phone in person. The phone I bought was perfect and still going strong. As others said if you can get a good deal buying new for just a few bucks more I'd go for it considering you'll get peace of mind and the full warranty.
    10-16-16 03:54 PM
    And I should add that as a Passport owner, you won't be disappointed!
    10-16-16 03:55 PM
    If you are able to, download, install, and run the BBVE app from Blackberry World to see if all hardware is sound and to check the health of the battery.
    10-16-16 05:17 PM
    If you are able to, download, install, and run the BBVE app from Blackberry World to see if all hardware is sound and to check the health of the battery.
    Good one! "On-site inspection" ... :-)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-16-16 07:47 PM
    The Passport is on sale right now. I believe it's $250. Blackberry.com. Go check it out.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 08:18 PM
    I want to buy a Blackberry Passport too but I'm concerned about if the operatingsystem still gets updated and get support from Blackberry now when they shifted to Android?
    10-17-16 07:47 AM
    @Jonas Hagglund It is a small risk that BlackBerry won't provide the two updates that have been announced. This includes 10.3.3 which is past due, and 10.3.4 sometime next year. Who knows after that. It is a gamble taking the chance that there will be updates after that. And regardless, no one is expecting much beyond security updates.

I have taken that risk. I think BlackBerry will continue to support BB10. Anyway, I have made that bet.
    10-17-16 08:42 AM