Anyone done this? My passport got destroyed at work (I work construction). So I decided to replace it with a Priv. Long story short I could not get used to android. Back button this back button that, completely dated and inferior OS compared to BB10. So my wife's note 7 was recalled and she replaced with a passport and we swapped. Couldn't be happier and can't figure out for the life of me why people love android so much. That and the fact Google tracks your everymove, battery life was also terrible.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 09:54 AM
    Welcome back! Agreed! Although I use both an android device and a Passport, a BlackBerry has been my go to daily driver and communication device for many years. I can't give up my BlackBerry.
    However, the nature of this thread is sure to guarantee to generate some very strong (read "heated) discussion. My thing is this, the more options we have as consumers, the better (not just with phones). I don't want just option A and option B, you know? I even feel bad that Palm OS took a dive. :-D
    10-24-16 10:07 AM
    This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for as some of us wait for BlackBerry 10's EOL statement a couple of years from now. My Passport came back to life from a soaking rain almost dead experience, and I'm trying to see what a Priv or whatever BlackBerry comes up with a physical keyboard might offer. The BlackBerry 10 OS experience will be terribly missed, though.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo and coffee-turtle like this.
    10-24-16 08:29 PM
    BB10 is a great OS. It just flows so nicely. I have a Priv and really enjoy it, but I keep my Z30 running on wifi and still use it from time to time.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-24-16 09:24 PM
    I have the priv and think android is a great os, but I enjoy using my BlackBerry Classic more, just like looking at it lol
    10-24-16 09:46 PM
    I have taken a tour of the various mobile OSes out there this year. Windows phone was, in my opinion, the best one outside of BB10. But I am back using a passport with a couple of Q10s in the nightstand as backup phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 09:52 PM
    I've been using Z30 for 2 years.
    Tried Windows phone for 2 months, and played around with a Priv for a little while. Hubby has an iPhone, and I have an iPad
    When I go back to my Z30, I breathe a sigh of relief!! I have a Classic with my secondary number, so there is no learning curve when I go back and forth.

BB 9000> Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic
    10-24-16 11:37 PM
    I honestly hope BB10 continues for some time. Windows phone seems dead so that is not a viable option years down the road. I am not being a fanboy but you cannot beat BB10. Android feels completely dated in comparison and yes I am aware of the app issue. However installing Google play on the passport has gotten me everything I need.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-25-16 11:12 AM
    well, BlackBerry will be giving licenses for its software to be used on other handsets, maybe developing for qnx 8.0 might attract some developors
    10-25-16 02:10 PM
    This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for as some of us wait for BlackBerry 10's EOL statement a couple of years from now. My Passport came back to life from a soaking rain almost dead experience, and I'm trying to see what a Priv or whatever BlackBerry comes up with a physical keyboard might offer. The BlackBerry 10 OS experience will be terribly missed, though.

Posted via CB10
    There are  BlackBerry� 10 devices in the works and an at least one upgrade to the OS soon. Hang in there! :-)

I like my coffee  BlackBerry� black! What?
    10-25-16 02:41 PM
    Good to have you back. Passport is an unmitigated powerhouse...

Sure Android has all the apps, ... plus the tracking.

Now that I was given two 27" iMacs (customers wouldn't want them fixed anymore), I might have to join the iFold if push comes to iShove, ahem Sheep....

Still don't trust Android apps... maybe Nougat can change that! :-)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-25-16 03:56 PM
    I love bb10. Same I can't figure out why people love android so much I find it backward. And not user friendly. That's just me. I bought a Samsung tablet to get used to it as my PlayBook browser is useless. But I find I still use my z30 more. I took everything back off tablet. email calender. That stuff way easier to use on my z30. I find I just play games on the tablet. And watch Netflix. I still use my z30 more for browsing the Internet. I like the browser better on my BlackBerry. Hopefully some one will develop bb10.

#luvmybb10os
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-25-16 04:04 PM
    Android is definitely not user friendly. The Google tracking is also like you have a bug on you always. Every second thing is "sign in with google" even random store visits notifications pop up saying you are at this establishment and so on asking for a review. Android is not fluid at all, for example if I listen to a music video on android and shut the screen off, the music quits too. On BB10 you can stream without the screen in the backround.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 05:06 PM
    Bb10 is better than android. I bought a Priv a couple of months ago, updated the software and haven't done much with it cuz I enjoy my bb10 phones more.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 05:34 PM
    Welcome back! Agreed! Although I use both an android device and a Passport, a BlackBerry has been my go to daily driver and communication device for many years. I can't give up my BlackBerry.
    However, the nature of this thread is sure to guarantee to generate some very strong (read "heated) discussion. My thing is this, the more options we have as consumers, the better (not just with phones). I don't want just option A and option B, you know? I even feel bad that Palm OS took a dive. :-D
    I have the Priv and Passport SE as a second phone. Everything I could want or need is in these phones. I'm so disappointed BlackBerry is out of the hardware business. BB10 is like an old friend and I'm heartbroken. Android phones are sooo boring and options are limited in comparison. I hope my Passport lasts for many years to come. When the keyboard dies or the phone no longer is able to meet my everyday needs, my SE will retire to a comfortable night stand as an alarm clock until I'm definite that my electronic, vintage, early riser will transition into it's last sunrise.
    10-25-16 06:07 PM
    Android is not fluid at all, for example if I listen to a music video on android and shut the screen off, the music quits too. On BB10 you can stream without the screen in the backround.

Posted via CB10
    This is simply not true at all. On android there are many applications that allow you to have background play. For example FireTube, Youtube Red, OG youtube, firefox browser etc.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-25-16 06:19 PM
    ^^yes and you need apps to make that happen^^ I can do the same thing in bb10 from the browser.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 08:30 PM
    I had these same feelings as I jumped around and back and forth.
    I just finished(for the moment) a stint with a lumia 950 (windows 10 mobile). And do agree with the above poster, that it is the next best OS. But it suffers the same fate that Blackberry did.

If you are willing to take some time for a long read, I'll link my review of going from Passport to Priv below.
    I havent had the time to sit down and add the Windows 10 experience yet though. When I do, I'll add it in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sport-1048775/

I will say this though, the DTEK 60 looks to be a nice device.
    And at the moment, I'm back on the Priv. I had a 3 day debate with myself to which phone (Passport or Priv) I would return to after the Windows experience .
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-25-16 08:48 PM
    I love bb10. Same I can't figure out why people love android so much I find it backward. And not user friendly. That's just me. I bought a Samsung tablet to get used to it as my PlayBook browser is useless. But I find I still use my z30 more. I took everything back off tablet. email calender. That stuff way easier to use on my z30. I find I just play games on the tablet. And watch Netflix. I still use my z30 more for browsing the Internet. I like the browser better on my BlackBerry. Hopefully some one will develop bb10.

#luvmybb10os
    Agree. Z30 is what I use for almost everything. I use it more than my laptop!

BB 9000> Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic
    10-25-16 08:56 PM
    Android is definitely not user friendly. The Google tracking is also like you have a bug on you always. Every second thing is "sign in with google" even random store visits notifications pop up saying you are at this establishment and so on asking for a review. Android is not fluid at all, for example if I listen to a music video on android and shut the screen off, the music quits too. On BB10 you can stream without the screen in the backround.

Posted via CB10
    Sure the main problem here is that you don't know how to android works. Or you way too used to bb that you're reluctant to learn new things
    10-26-16 01:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    1) You seem to have a problem with 'sign in with Google' but do you have issues with 'sign in with Facebook'?

2) NewPipe app allows for free (non root) playback of YouTube videos with the screen off and in other apps. NewPipe also bypasses YouTube ads. Enable 'use ExoPlayer' and 'use external audio player' in options.

3) BubbleUPnP (free and no root) allows playback of user media with screen off, in other apps, etc. This app can pretty much play any media format locally or remotely.

These features are not exclusive to BB10.
    10-26-16 02:21 AM
    ^^yes and you need apps to make that happen^^ I can do the same thing in bb10 from the browser.

Posted via CB10
    And Browser is what? Not an app? Just because its part of the system it doesnt change the fact that browser is just an app.
    10-26-16 02:22 AM
    So I'm going to use android, and have a second app because the oem browser can't cut it? I need two apps instead of one?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 08:36 AM
    And Browser is what? Not an app? Just because its part of the system it doesnt change the fact that browser is just an app.
    But is it a good app?

Not everyone needs a modern smartphone... if BB10 meets their needs and they are happy, then it's a good fit. I understand why some even still use a dumb phone... it meets their needs.
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    10-26-16 08:46 AM
    I think people are attracted to the customization options of Android, widgets, and of course apps..

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 09:47 AM
35 12