So my wife gets her new passport from black Friday and we realize we need a new sim card for it. I take it to the ATT store to get to one and the dude breaks the cover while trying to open it. He of course offered to buy us a new one but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the part online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:59 PM
    Yeah Have AT&T buy you a new phone. Their rep damaged the phone let them look for a replacement. Don't take no for an answer.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 07:15 PM
    So my wife gets her new passport from black Friday and we realize we need a new sim card for it. I take it to the ATT store to get to one and the dude breaks the cover while trying to open it. He of course offered to buy us a new one but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the part online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    There is a clearly visible slot for the fingernail to hook in... *smh*

Ouch. That's tells us a lot about reps' training, their smarts or the lack thereof... :-(
    Room for improvement.

Please, no BBerRY-bashing, there's enough in other threads already... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-02-14 08:27 PM
    Yeah Have AT&T buy you a new phone. Their rep damaged the phone let them look for a replacement. Don't take no for an answer.
    I agree 100%. AT&T should replace the unit.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 09:03 PM
    Definitely get them to get you a new one and ask for a $100 credit on your bill for all the hassle

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-02-14 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would think if you called BlackBerry technical support, they could tell you where to get a new sim cover. You have 30 days off free technical support included with the purchase of the device. That's what I would try first.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-03-14 04:05 AM
    BlackBerry Support told me it was Amazon's problem. I agree with everyone ATT should have to fix this but Amazon has promised a replacement by tomorrow and I'm betting ATT would take a lot longer than that.

It still seems odd there isn't a way to just get a new door. It seems like I've had to buy a part for a rather new device before and it was no big deal.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:53 AM
    Had the same problem yesterday when taking my phone to AT&T, it did not break but we did have trouble opening the back door.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:58 AM
    I also broke my SIM cover, after a tear or two I was over it, it broke at the headphone jack, the weak point, it was very difficult to remove, not just a user issue, I believe this to be a design flaw.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    12-03-14 08:15 AM
    I kinda broke the sim cover of my Passport it now has a small fracture in it at the part where you put your finger nail to remove it...
    12-03-14 02:00 PM
    I didn't break mine, but it was difficult to get off the first couple of times.

Posted via One Very Cool Passport!
    12-03-14 03:04 PM
    I kinda broke the sim cover of my Passport it now has a small fracture in it at the part where you put your finger nail to remove it...
    I also broke my SIM cover, after a tear or two I was over it, it broke at the headphone jack, the weak point, it was very difficult to remove, not just a user issue, I believe this to be a design flaw.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    Gentle, guys! :-)

12-03-14 03:09 PM
    Gentle, guys! :-)

But the question remains, where to get a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:51 AM
    But the question remains, where to get a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    Valid question.

As BlackBerry 10 phones are becoming more popular and Chen makes positive changes, the repair, support and spare parts infrastructure needs to grow and (re-)establish itself again. Even grey-market sources would help alleviate the immediate need.

I wouldn't know where to get a new keyboard from, if my Passport one broke. All Passports practically are still under warranty. Problem arises if physical or accidental damage is involved, which is clearly not covered under warranty.

Good luck.
    I've never rung BlackBerry before as far as I can remember, but in that case I'd be persistent and try and ask my way through to the right person... :-)

12-04-14 07:05 AM
    I've just started a thread on the BlackBerry supportforum:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...t/td-p/3028732

Maybe they'll be able to help us out..

Posted via CB10
    deptech likes this.
    12-04-14 12:22 PM
    Waiting for my main source of OEM parts etradesupply.com to start carrying parts for the Passport. Hopefully it will be soon but I'm worried because they had parts for the Z10 from launch day (I know because I ordered the black battery door for the Z10 to the tune of $70 at that time to have an oreo Z10. It is now $6 each.) Not sure why they don't have any Passport parts yet.

I've ordered a lot of different parts from them for Z10, Z30, and Q10. Apart from high shipping costs they are good to work with.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:45 PM
    I've e-mailed ShopCrackberry, about the lack of Passport top covers in the shop and got a reply: their product team is already working hard to make those covers available for sale, so it might be just a matter of time before we can buy replacement's.

I really do hope so...
    deptech likes this.
    12-05-14 10:54 AM
    I was pulling a case off the passport and it grabbed the sim cover and cracked it.
    12-25-14 08:59 AM
    Definitely get them to get you a new one and ask for a $100 credit on your bill for all the hassle

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    I agree with this 100%

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    12-25-14 02:07 PM
    I am in the same boat. I lost mine new years and I have called and searched everywhere, not available at:

Blackberry Corporate or the BB store
    Ebay
    Bell Canada
    Rogers
    The Source
    aliexpress

Still can't believe it

Ian MacFarlane
    01-10-16 08:33 PM
    Passport batteries should be available. I did in fact ring up (^ see further up) around October 2015 asking for where I could have my battery replaced, even for a charge, or where I could shop for one and install locally (myself or repair shop).

No batteries available for self-support... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-11-16 05:57 PM
    It's pretty easy to get a replacement battery for the Passport. Just check out ShopCrackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 07:17 PM