If you like the Q10 so much, then why upgrade? Why not just keep using it, save your upgrade until your phone is lost or broken? They will continue to send it software updates so you're on the same version as the newest hardware.

The Classic is being produced for those who wouldn't upgrade to the Q10 - they liked their 9000 series so much, they didn't want to learn something new.

Posted via CB10
    JLErwin3 likes this.
    07-23-14 11:50 PM
    If you like the Q10 so much, then why upgrade? Why not just keep using it, save your upgrade until your phone is lost or broken? They will continue to send it software updates so you're on the same version as the newest hardware.

The Classic is being produced for those who wouldn't upgrade to the Q10 - they liked their 9000 series so much, they didn't want to learn something new.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same. I fear that this maybe it for tthe Q10 form factor. The passport is now their flagship qwerty and the classic is their updated Q10 but also a throwback?

I don't know. I guess I'm having a weird feeling that I'm falling behind on new technology? I mean if only 1% of the population likes physical keyboards why can't I just go full touchscreen.

I think am nostalgic for 2010 when I hadd the BlackBerry bold 9650 and spent time texting all day-Before apps and before the apple vs BlackBerry debate that now consumes so much of this discussion forum. Haha. I need to let go and just go full touuch.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:01 AM
    I was thinking the same. I fear that this maybe it for tthe Q10 form factor. The passport is now their flagship qwerty and the classic is their updated Q10 but also a throwback?

I don't know. I guess I'm having a weird feeling that I'm falling behind on new technology? I mean if only 1% of the population likes physical keyboards why can't I just go full touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    Touch screen keyboards are not new technology, touch capacity keyboard's are! Plus whocares what others like? The question is do YOU like it?

Posted via CB10
    mexicangangboss likes this.
    07-24-14 12:11 AM
    Technically both the classic and Passport are upgrade paths for Q10 users.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    JLErwin3 likes this.
    07-24-14 12:13 AM
    for me i just love so much the Q10 and i dont need the belt ....no double typing issues and battery or any other problems ....
    i need a compact device and only Q10 has it....
    I wont upgrade , i will stick with the small - compact size Q10 .
    The classic is a big size phone for me ...
    just my personal opinion
    07-24-14 01:18 AM
    The present of course

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:24 AM
    for me i just love so much the Q10 and i dont need the belt ....no double typing issues and battery or any other problems ....
    i need a compact device and only Q10 has it....
    I wont upgrade , i will stick with the small - compact size Q10 .
    The classic is a big size phone for me ...
    just my personal opinion
    Yeah when you line all 3 up definitely the passport has that nice compact size. They definitely got it right. Unfortunately people just didn't flock to it in droves. It's a shame it didn't come out in 2011!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:27 AM
    To me, the Q10 was an attempt that didn't quite take off. I currently use a Q10, and while I do like it a lot, frankly I'd ditch it for my old Bold 9900 if my 9900 came back to full life after starting to conk out a few months ago.

The Classic, with its reinstated trackpad and toolbelt/function keys, is a return to increased efficiency, accuracy, precision, and functionality. If that's considered a step backward, then I'm all for it. The jab-and-hope method in the Q10 is the real step backward IMHO.

To answer your title question, IMHO the Q10 was the mistake.

However, the Classic, is the correction.

C001C21C1 Thoughts on the fly
    THIS.
    Last edited by AthenaSmith; 07-24-14 at 04:23 AM.
    07-24-14 01:40 AM
    You will like classic more than Q10.

Q10
    07-24-14 01:47 AM
    To answer your title question, IMHO the Q10 was the mistake.

However, the Classic, is the correction.

C001C21C1 Thoughts on the fly
    I agree with you about Q10
    Z10 was a big mistake, Z30 was a halfass correction.

STL100-1 (10.2.1.3247) STC
    07-24-14 02:08 AM
    Is it true that the Classic will have better specs than the Q10? Or just a bigger screen?

Posted via CB10
    We haven't seen specs so I'm not positive but I'd be really surprised to see the same spec on a new phone close to 18 months later.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-24-14 02:17 AM
    They're just phones, even if you think classic won't fit the old q10 niche, you can still find another that fits your needs.

CB10 on the Q10
    07-24-14 02:26 AM
    I think BlackBerry is making shots right now. Trying to tinker which design is best and most acceptable to most people on the market. A trial and error, and no devices are true successor of anything. Z30 is not a Z10 successor, it has different form factor, which most people could not accept. Z3 is a downgraded Z10, just like Q5 is to Q10. That's why they have so many types of phones right now. I just hope they can get it right this time by releasing the Passport. But in the future, they should stick to just 2 - 4 kinds of devices.
    07-24-14 02:36 AM
    The q10 is the present!
    Mwwuauahahahahahah!
    07-24-14 02:43 AM
    As I understood it the 'Classics' are a new line of devices, with nothing to do with the Q - line if devices which Chen said would continue, so I would say that next year sometime we will see an upgrade for the Q10, there was a lot of discussion when we first heard about the classic about whether toolbelt-less devices would continue and I can't remember for sure but I'm quite certain it was made clear that they would..

The Classic isn't for those already on Q10, it is for those on legacy devices who didn't upgrade to BB10 to ease the transition..

Check Out TechCraze
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    07-24-14 03:26 AM
    As I understood it the 'Classics' are a new line of devices, with nothing to do with the Q - line if devices which Chen said would continue, so I would say that next year sometime we will see an upgrade for the Q10, there was a lot of discussion when we first heard about the classic about whether toolbelt-less devices would continue and I can't remember for sure but I'm quite certain it was made clear that they would..

The Classic isn't for those already on Q10, it is for those on legacy devices who didn't upgrade to BB10 to ease the transition..

Check Out TechCraze
    Absolutely agree with you
    the classic isn't the upgrade of the Q10
    As I said above i will stick with the Q10
    I love so much the compact size
    No need any more the belt
    Belt for me is past generation

From My Sexy Q10...
    07-24-14 06:49 AM
    ... Q10 is the present ;-) ... until I can afford a Passport (unlocked, SIM free, contract free)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-24-14 07:11 AM
    Because I think adding the toolbelt is a nod to the past. I don't know if it was really needed for people who got accustomed to the Q10. I mean it feels like two steps back instead of forward?

Posted via CB10

I don't understand. The Classic will surpass the Q10 in every department, beginning with a 3.5" screen opposed to a 3.1". And on top it adds a toolbelt, which isn't a step backwards by any means, but a feature+. Why would you like to start or end a call or go back via touch buttons if you can have real ones? This whole "toolbelt is dated" discussion really is beyond me. From a functional side it's leaps and bounds ahead, especially with the trackpad. I'd prefer it over a Q10 anyday and it was the reason I dismissed the Q10 to begin with. Is cutting functionality for the sake of a more modern look and taste the new path to success or what?

The Classic is the Q10s successor and it cleans up with exactly what was wrong about it. So be glad they did it.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-24-14 07:29 AM
    The Passport is the next Q. Much like you see the Q was a successor to the 9900.. removing the toolbelt is taking you out of YOUR comfort zone.
    Now the Passport is the same way. It is taking the keyboard and making it capacitive.[Better].
    It is all in how you see it but to me the Passport is the next Q.
    07-24-14 07:42 AM
    Classic is the successor to the Q10. As much as I like my Q10, it's a retardation of my old 9900 it terms of functionality.

The Passport really doesn't feel like the next "Q". It feels like a whole different beast. The 'X' line perhaps. We'll see how it performs, but it feels like a step backwards from the Q10, and a leap backwards from the Classic.

A lot of Crackberry folk are obsessed with appearing modern. What is modern and fresh? Those are nothing. They don't exist. Only efficiency and functionality exist, and the Classic is it. Incorruptible, never goes out of style, it is a Classic and it will always be relevant to those who aren't swayed by fashion--the good people of this world.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 07-24-14 at 08:54 AM.
    07-24-14 08:02 AM
    Only efficiency and functionality exists, and the Classic is it. Incorruptible, never goes out of style, it is a Classic and it will always be relevant to those who aren't swayed by fashion--the good people of this world.
    So well put!
    07-24-14 08:50 AM
    Hahaha the Q10 was a complete failure why would blackberry want a follow-up failure? Think it through people!
    Just because you like it isn't enough. The MARKET has spoken!!!!
    Think it through before you post: You just demanded that ALL BlackBerrys should go away because the market pretty much said that they should. Unless you are using a Galaxy or iPhone you have no room to make such statements.
    07-24-14 09:19 AM
    It is all in how you see it but to me the Passport is the next Q.
    You're probably right, but I think the OP was basically asking for a phone the size of the Q, but with updated specs. A capacitive keyboard could be one of those specs. Zed owners are asking for the same thing - something new in the same form factor.
    Kevin Currey likes this.
    07-24-14 09:29 AM
    Think it through before you post: You just demanded that ALL BlackBerrys should go away because the market pretty much said that they should. Unless you are using a Galaxy or iPhone you have no room to make such statements.
    Yes and that's exactly how BUSINESS works. BlackBerry needs to make money and sell at least 10m phones a year. If they can't figure it out then ALL blackberry's WILL go away. I don't demand it the market does.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:36 AM
    Yes and that's exactly how BUSINESS works. BlackBerry needs to make money and sell at least 10m phones a year. If they can't figure it out then ALL blackberry's WILL go away. I don't demand it the market does.

Posted via CB10
    What are you basing the Q10 being a failure from?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-24-14 09:43 AM
129 1234 ...