Hey guys;

Greetings from Portugal.

I need your help here, since I am a little undecided.

I currently have a beast named Z30 since July and I am fully happy with this machine.

Since Blackberry released their new phones I am considering an upgrade.

Which one should I get? Classic or Passport... That is my question.

I love the Z30 but I miss the keyboard, despite the touch keyboard being amazing I am always cleaning the screen due to fingerprints.

I am afraid of not adapting to the passport size and shape and missing the screen if I should the classi.

Kind Regards to everybody

HH
    01-25-15 09:27 AM
    The Passport keyboard is easier to adapt to than the Classic keyboard, if you're coming from a full touch phone (as I did). Word correction and deletion works exactly the same, for one. However, the size is more of a weightier proposition, so play around with a carrier demo model (if you can). It's the same size and shape as the average passport, anyway.

Personally, I can't recommend the Classic. If you're satisfied without a toolbelt already then it's just a more expensive Q10.
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 09:34 AM
    Thank's man I aprreciate. I might go for the Passport, go to test it on my carrier tomorrow. Thank's a lot
    01-25-15 09:54 AM
    Passport has my vote. My friend just got one. I'm using the Z30. The passport is a sweet device. I wouldn't switch from the Z30 as I prefer the BlackBerry virtual keyboard ( not apple of android virtuals).
    But if you want the physical keyboard, then go for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 10:09 AM
    The Passport is definitely better value for money.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 10:16 AM
    Thank's. Did your friend addapted quickly to the phone format and shpae? For what I've saw until now it's a two hand device right? In terms of spec's a brutal beast
    01-25-15 10:27 AM
    Thank's. Did your friend addapted quickly to the phone format and shpae? For what I've saw until now it's a two hand device right? In terms of spec's a brutal beast
    It took a day or two to adapt from Z30 to Passport over here. And yes, it's very definitely a two hand typing device. Scrolling and reading with one hand is quite doable, though.
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 10:53 AM
    The classic is a great device and it brings back the familiar BlackBerry. I prefer the passport because it has similarities of the old BlackBerry but also introduces new features. I find that the passport is refreshing.

Posted via CB10
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 11:42 AM
    The passport is clearly superior to the classic. I am far from certain that either is an upgrade from the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 01:13 PM
    Classic an upgrade to the z30??

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:16 PM
    Classic an upgrade to the z30??

Posted via CB10
    Not objectively, unless you count the physical keyboard and toolbelt as a plus. Screen size, battery size, CPU speed, those are minuses.
    01-25-15 01:23 PM
    The price difference from the devices here is about 100 euros.
    I think I am going to the passport, was looking again at the specs is a beast.
    I now think that going from the Z30 to the classic is a downgrade. I might be wrong but I also think that the classic price will drope in 3 months like the q10, there I will buy one to join my BlackBerry collection. You can find the Q10 here for just 200e. The original price was 699e.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:50 PM
    Passport all the way! Amazing.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:06 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport is awesome!
    01-25-15 03:21 PM
    Passport. I came from a Q10. It didn't take me long to get used to the size and shape of the phone, and I love the size of the screen. It's perfect for viewing PDFs, Office docs, etc.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 03:25 PM
    Passport is awesome!
    The size. Widescreen... with extra height..!
    Tons of pixels.

And Photoshop Touch from Amazon works great, even on stock sw 10.3.0.908 ...

�   Happy Australia Day 2015 - come and visit, mate...!   �
    01-25-15 04:58 PM
    Yes he. He was upgrading from the Q10 and he is still one of the old school BlackBerry owners who live the physical back and phone keys. He was confused as well between the classic and the passport.
    Another friend of mine who is still on the 9900 was trying to push him towards the classic. I prevailed and he bought the passport. It took him a day to go from its too big to its perfect " I can't use the Q10 anymore ". He still has his Q10 as a backup.
    He now feels it's the perfect device.I should mention that he is a heavy phone user when it comes to voice calling and he would run through the Q10 by midday. With the passport he is a happy camper. By 8pm his passport is at 70% battery.

Posted via CB10
    henriquehh likes this.
    01-25-15 05:12 PM
    I've tried both and my preference is the passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 05:19 PM
    Passport but feedback from folks who own the classic is that the passport is too big and hard to hold with one hand?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 05:39 PM
    Yes he. He was upgrading from the Q10 and he is still one of the old school BlackBerry owners who live the physical back and phone keys. He was confused as well between the classic and the passport.
    Another friend of mine who is still on the 9900 was trying to push him towards the classic. I prevailed and he bought the passport. It took him a day to go from its too big to its perfect " I can't use the Q10 anymore ". He still has his Q10 as a backup.
    He now feels it's the perfect device.I should mention that he is a heavy phone user when it comes to voice calling and he would run through the Q10 by midday. With the passport he is a happy camper. By 8pm his passport is at 70% battery.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot for your help And everyone here.
    I already made up my linda. Tomorrow gonna get my passport. let's hope on the shop that I would not fall in love with the classic. The front design is awesome And I am afraid Of falling in love, but passport is the way to go

Posted via CB10
    thurask likes this.
    01-25-15 05:44 PM