This is more directed @Bla1ze but I want the general public to chime in. I know this could be two separate forums but I would like to put into just one. I have been tweeting to try and get these two topics seriously addressed.

1. Nokia partnership

After watching all the acquisitions and partnering BlackBerry has been doing over this year to better their product, I don't see why they don't speak with Nokia. Nokia is not on a leash and they make fantastic cameras for phones. Those of you who who own a BlackBerry Passport know that good doesn't belong in the same sentence with their camera. I tried over 70 apps with the inclusion of android camera apps to try and fix the fail. I have found only one and that's Camera 360. I personally do not take lots of pictures or selfies that this whole world seems to go crazy for but there are times when I want to take a family pic and I won't even use this phone because it's just that bad. Wether it's the software or the hardware fault on this issue I don't care obviously this isn't BlackBerrys strong area so why not get some help from the best? While this phone and most of BlackBerry goal is to focus on enterprise, sorry to say this I work in IT for a fortune 100 company and work with a lot of corporate business users, one thing can always find on their phones and computers is pictures. Cameras matter.

Examples below. (extremely un clear and out of focus)

2. Activation switch for cursor popup.

Even writing this post I've had a lot of issues with this happening and it slows you down. This is one issue I never hear in any review of the passport or brought up and I'd like BlackBerry to see this problem and address it and hopefully Bla1ze can make it happen. The keyboard of the Passport is nothing short of thinking outside the box and it's great, but one major issue. The cursor pop up is activated by double tapping anywhere on the keyboard, this is a horrible activation switch and this is why. The Passport is a wide phone and when you want to text you generally need two hands, so when you are texting you have two thumbs mashing away and you have the rest of you hands trying to grip the phone. But god forbid both of your thumbs or side of your hands touch the keyboard at the same time cause it will activate and move your cursor where you don't want it. There is a simple fix, make the spacebar the activator not the entire keyboard, it's dead center and easy to access and the spacebar is wide enough to glide left to right with ease.

Classic Passport.
    Attachment 323273
    Attachment 323274
    Attachment 323279
    Last edited by Ukemochi; 12-26-14 at 09:38 AM.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    12-24-14 08:06 PM
    Double tap sounds like a royal PITA.

The optics for Nokia are not theirs. They do the software, which is outstanding in its own right, but the camera is by Carl Zeiss.
    Ukemochi likes this.
    12-24-14 09:15 PM
    Yeah I am aware that Carl Zeiss has ownership of the lens part but I would figure over the years Nokia would have learned a thing or two and could drastically improve BlackBerry cameras.

Classic Passport.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-24-14 09:25 PM
    For Q10 I think pressing the right shift key should activate the cursor movement thing / copy / paste menu, etc.

For the passport I think a gesture on the keyboard would work well.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:04 PM
    Valid points, I'm surprised more people don't comment, most of the other posts are junk articles and do nothing to try and help us end users.

Passport AAAAAAAAA!
    12-25-14 09:32 AM
    How bad is the passport camera? I have a z10 and I can take an acceptable picture. VERY ACCEPTABLE. Not Nokia or iPhone acceptable but wtvr

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:51 PM
    I'm ok with the BB10 camera, but I wouldn't complain if it was improved. I guess it depends on if Nikon still owns that or if it was part of the same to M$. I would also like to see Nokia Here maps integration now that they are no longer competition

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:54 PM
    How bad is the passport camera? I have a z10 and I can take an acceptable picture. VERY ACCEPTABLE. Not Nokia or iPhone acceptable but wtvr

Posted via CB10
    It's better than a Z10 in terms of image quality, but it's really slow to focus properly. I seem to remember Z10 focusing much faster. I avoid taking pictures with my Passport and stick with my camera or Lumia 928

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    12-25-14 04:11 PM
    It's better than a Z10 in terms of image quality, but it's really slow to focus properly. I seem to remember Z10 focusing much faster. I avoid taking pictures with my Passport and stick with my camera or Lumia 928

Exactly that's what I'm saying. But if it's a family picture then 2-3 seconds of focus isn't terrible at all

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 05:17 PM
    I really, really have to check my eyes because I'm more than satisfied with my Z10's photos.
    sanjk1 likes this.
    12-25-14 05:19 PM
    I had a z10 and the camera on the passport loses to it.

Passport AAAAAAAAA!
    12-25-14 05:47 PM
    Exactly that's what I'm saying. But if it's a family picture then 2-3 seconds of focus isn't terrible at all

Posted via CB10
    But what about when you have little ones and they don't sit still or smile, that is infuriating.

Classic Passport
    12-25-14 05:51 PM
    This is an example of me sitting down and trying to get the stupid thing to focus.
    Partnership with Nokia? And Passport cursor activator change.-c360_2014-12-25-10-54-10-514.jpg

Classic Passport
    12-25-14 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I posted a pic for you to see below.

Classic Passport
    12-25-14 06:03 PM

I agree, when asked to take a picture I pick up my wife's phone.

Classic Passport
    12-25-14 06:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought the Passport's camera was ok, but it's not remotely close to other high end phones on the market. The slightest movement causes it to try and refocus and you end up with a blurry shot.
    12-25-14 06:09 PM
    Wow is it that bad with the passport? Man they really have to work on the software. Didn't Chen said there's a BlackBerry coming out that good for Selfies? I'm hoping that's the visa, but I'm sure they will send a patch to fix that soon.
    I do love Nokia they where my favorite prior to BlackBerry.
    Good suggestions but like stated prior they don't own the lens etc so partnership wouldn't do much plus giving the rivalry with windows for 3Rd place don't see that happening.

My z10 n 30 takes good pictures so it's shocking to hear that the passport is so lackluster.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    Mric182 likes this.
    12-25-14 06:12 PM
    But what about when you have little ones and they don't sit still or smile, that is infuriating.

Classic Passport
    That is true I see.

I am zee that is the 10
    12-25-14 08:07 PM
    The Nokia partnership would definitely be interesting. I agree with the point about their expertise on the mobile camera side. We could definitely use it on the Passport. I have two little ones and I've gradually just stopped taking pictures with the Passport and asked my wife to use her Z30.

I've owned the Z10, Z30 and now the Passport. The Z30 had the best overall camera experience in my opinion. Passport the worst.

Hearing that some of the issues are fixed in 10.3.1 so I'm hopeful.

Everything else about this phone is perfect. Hopefully the camera gets there soon.

Oh just want to add that the OP's suggestion about the space bar activating the cursor is an excellent one. The current implementation has issues. Mainly the one noted in the OP.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:27 PM
    The Nokia partnership would definitely be interesting. I agree with the point about their expertise on the mobile camera side. We could definitely use it on the Passport. I have two little ones and I've gradually just stopped taking pictures with the Passport and asked my wife to use her Z30.

I've owned the Z10, Z30 and now the Passport. The Z30 had the best overall camera experience in my opinion. Passport the worst.

Hearing that some of the issues are fixed in 10.3.1 so I'm hopeful.

Everything else about this phone is perfect. Hopefully the camera gets there soon.

Oh just want to add that the OP's suggestion about the space bar activating the cursor is an excellent one. The current implementation has issues. Mainly the one noted in the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the acknowledgment hopefully @Bla1ze will see this and get this out there.

Classic Passport
    12-25-14 09:57 PM
    BBRY rushed 10.3. And camera performance took a hit. I expect much better focus speed in new builds.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:46 AM
    I' with Originalloverman on the fact Nokia was my fav before BlackBerry. However, they somehow failed to do things they were supposed to do, or finish ones they were already developing (successfully). At this time I don't see how would that partnership work at this time.
    12-26-14 04:09 AM
    OP, those are great suggestions! Unfortunately Nokia is no longer its own entity, but now a part of Microsoft. So it would have to be a BlackBerry and Microsoft partnership.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular BlackBerry Passport
    12-26-14 04:23 AM
    With smartphone with 13 megapixels camera doesn't mean it produce results same as a 13 megapixels dlsr camera. That's why there are some phones stick with atleast 8mp even the other specs gets upgraded. You can't compare a 13mp smartphone camera with 13mp dlsr camera. If you want better picture, you need a good light source. A 5mp point and shoot camera can get a good result with proper lightning and setup. Same applies to all.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 04:26 AM
    OP, those are great suggestions! Unfortunately Nokia is no longer its own entity, but now a part of Microsoft. So it would have to be a BlackBerry and Microsoft partnership.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular BlackBerry Passport
    Nokia doesn't have to do anything for Microsoft they are just not allowed to stamp Nokia on any cellphones for the next 15 years.

Classic Passport
    12-26-14 09:15 AM
62 123