I think I am going to retire my PDA for my Pearl. However, I purchased some software that I would like to use on my fon is there a way to convert it to work on the Pearl? I noticed some of the same software is available for the Pearl.

03-19-08 04:30 PM
    Blackberry is pretty specific with software - Device model and OS version. I'd try contacting the vendors of the software you want to keep and see if there is a version for your Pearl.
    03-19-08 04:34 PM
    Due to Palm OS' demise, many software vendors have moved to other platforms - whilst Microsoft's Windows Mobile and the Open Source Symbian OS (in all its flavours) seem to be the most popular choices at the moment, a growing number of software vendors are considering or in the process of releasing software for BlackBerry OS... Dataviz (the guys behind DocumentsToGo) are a perfect example, and not only do they plan to release a BlackBerry OS-compatible version of DocumentsToGo in the VERY near future, but they will be supplying much of the document management technology in the upcoming BlackBerry OS upgrades.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 10:44 PM
    Its by Splash Data and I see they offer the same programs for Pearl. LOL you think if I email support I could convince them to transfer my purchases. Its like 80.00 of software. Dont really care to purchase again.

But then again if I purchase it again then chances are I will always upgrade to the latest and greatest BB....Not that it wont happen anyway!

03-19-08 11:05 PM
    Its worth a shot to email the manufacturer, quite possibly you will get a discount, especially if you mention "other" software that you might be interested in,
    03-19-08 11:11 PM
    I will do that tomorrow and see what they say. Definitely worth a try.
    03-19-08 11:16 PM
    I just wanted to post an update. I contacted SplashData and explained the situation. Truly doesn't hurt to ask. They replied back to my email request and will allow me to purchase same product for my BB for $10 a $20 savings over retail. They have definitely earned a long time customer of there software products.
    03-24-08 01:26 PM
    I am in a current situation similar to this with Polar.

I use my pc to record the data from my polar fitness watch and transfer the data to my polarfitness website.

Effectively the pc uses it's sound card to record a sonic "message" from the watch and than transfer that data to the polar website.

I suggest that it should be possible for the BB to record this data from the phone and transfer it to the web.

Only problem for me is that it is now at the R & D stage as opposed to being a developed product and will be a long time in coming.

Shame really but I would love to blag one of their all singing all dancing watches as a result.
    03-24-08 06:00 PM
    I also have a ton of software purchased for my WM6 Treo. Too bad they can't be used on the BB... I do miss some of the programs.
    03-24-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD