Help, my pairing with my Hyundai Santa Fe was just fine until I downloaded the latest update from Blackberry for my Bold 9930. Now I have to pair it every time I get in the car - help
    03-29-12 08:41 PM
    I have exactly the same issue!! Just bought a brand new Hyundai SF and upgraded to the latest Bell OS on the BB 9900. It drives me nuts, now I am updating to the latest 7.1.0.342 to see if that improves anything. I need the hotspot option for use with my laptop and tethering the old way is just not always working - also I have my trusty playbook as well that needs to check for my personal e-mail through Wi-Fi.
    So I did downgrade and all is fine - now I am testing the latest leaked version.
    I have been over to my dealer and they simply shrug their shoulders stating that it is the Blackberry since my wife's 9800 pairs just fine... Which is true.
    What I saw on the older OS 9900AllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel2406_PL5.0.0.734_A7.0.0.58 5_Bell_Mobility_Inc is that hands free is showing up as the first option, I am not seeing this on the 7.0.1 OS. I will keep testing, the dealer states there are no updates for the head unit (they are no longer called radios) and that the issue is with my black berry....
    04-10-12 11:37 PM
    sorry, but I do not understand this.
    04-11-12 05:37 AM
    sorry, but I do not understand this.
    What is there not to understand? The dealer of my brand new car tells me it is the blackberry hardware that is causing the issue and Bell tells me they have no collection of any issues and if you do a search for "pairing failed" you will see that there are a lot of people experiencing the same issues with the latest OS. The Bell network performed an OTA update and I have since downgraded to version 7.0 and it works flawless. I had a Torch 9810 to test and that one ran 7.1 as well, paired once, pairing failed after that. Downgraded as well and it works again - something smells fishy!
    04-13-12 01:00 PM
    Today I got a reply from Hyundai:

We regret to learn of your issues in regards to pairing your phone with your 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Please be advised that our technical support department is aware of the pairing issues with the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and the latest BlackBerry software version 7.1 and are currently investigating further to find a solution for users.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at the number below should you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

<name taken out>
    Customer Relations Coordinator
    Hyundai Auto Canada Corp.
    75 Frontenac Drive, Markham, ON, L3R 6H2
    Telephone: 1-888-216-2626
    Hyundai Auto Canada | Affordable New Cars | Best Economy Cars | Fuel Efficient Vehicles
    04-17-12 06:50 PM
    suggest you guys continue in either the 9900 forum or the bluetooth forum.. you wont get much help in this (general) forum from our collective wisdom of 9900/30 folks
    04-17-12 08:09 PM
    Passing along from the hyundai bastien396

Santa Fe 2012 Sport

Fixed...
    Delete your bb from your hyundai and from your phone.

Now before pairing go:
    1: Networks and Connections
    2: Bluetooth Connections
    3: Click on Menu (BB sign next to track pad)
    4: Select Option
    then make sure the encryption is off
    5: Scroll down to Services unselect everything except HANDSFREE

Save your setting and pair your device again with your hyundai.

Your phone will now work for phone call only with your car. Music through bluebook will not work unit hyundai come with an updated to fix this.

Enjoy,

Michael.
    07-11-12 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD