I have a verizon pearl 8130. It has a lot of scratches on it, so I purchased a new housing kit from cnn. I figured, instead of throwing the old housing away, why not paint it. If I like it I'll keep it and if not I'll just use the new housing. So, after reading many many threads on here about it and searching google, I am going to buy the supplies tomorrow and paint it. I'll post the pics sunday or monday at the latest.

Here's my phone....
    Attachment 2393

And here is my phone taken apart. the red X's represent things that won't be painted. the numbers follow the descriptions below....
    Attachment 2392

1. I will paint the face light blue. I will tape the screen window, the ear piece, and the notification light. I will paint over the Blackberry logo unfortunately
    2. I will paint the battery cover light blue also, covering the camera with tape.
    3. I will paint the entire bottom piece light blue, NOT covering the verizon logo.
    4. I will paint the side bars navy blue, but taping the convenience keys to prevent them from sticking.

So this is what I want it to look like...
    Attachment 2391

Like I said, I'll have pics up in the next couple of days... Feel free to comment good or bad ha.
    06-20-08 09:56 PM
    What kind of paint you gonna use?
    06-20-08 10:23 PM
    I'm going to start out at Home Depot and Joann Fabrics tomorrow to look for aerosol for plastics. I will also stop at pep boys to see if they have the colors in high temp auto paint.
    06-20-08 10:26 PM
    How do you plan to not seal the holes for the speaker?
    06-20-08 10:39 PM
    How do you plan to not seal the holes for the speaker?
    great call thanks... I'll put a small piece of circular tape there

Edit: or put the tip of a tooth pick through from the back might be a better idea
    Last edited by kth23; 06-20-08 at 10:45 PM.
    06-20-08 10:42 PM
    That looks cool definitely post pics I want to see how it turns out.
    06-20-08 10:47 PM
    Me too! Mine lil guy has scratches also so I'm very interested!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 10:58 PM
    I was gonna subscribe to the thread but I don't see an option for it here on the wap. But I know replying will. So I'll add a I will look forward to seeing what it looks like as well.
    06-21-08 01:44 AM
    can't wait to see it! I like the color combo you picked.
    06-21-08 01:54 AM
    I was gonna subscribe to the thread but I don't see an option for it here on the wap. But I know replying will. So I'll add a I will look forward to seeing what it looks like as well.
    ha sorry I don't know how to give it that option ...
    06-21-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";