I have a red Curve from Alltel/Verizon that I have had since December and paint is chipping off! I didn't realize it was just painted on there. I have a case on about 60% of the time. Bummed, anyone else had this happen?
    05-06-09 11:57 AM
    I didn't have the red curve, but it happens. Its a phone and things like that are going to happen. Just change the housing if you are that crazy about it.
    05-06-09 12:47 PM
    It happens. You can get a new housing and swap it out like Thinkamp said. Heres a popular place to get one. Cellular Accessories - BenQ-Siemens, Panasonic, 3G, NEC, Mobiado, Motorola, Alcatel, Microsoft, Apple,
    Welcome to CB by the way.
    05-06-09 12:50 PM
    You also may wanna look into a cover or case to hide it if you don't want to change the housing. If you are opening a unit to change the housing keep in mind this does void your warranty so be careful...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 12:56 PM
    Oh MWDB eff a bunch of warranty!
    05-06-09 01:04 PM
    Just another thought-take you berry on a trip to the beauty supply store and match up the red color to nailpolish-ive done this with my daughters Chocolate2 phones(3 color-black-ice blue-maroon) if she got a little knick in it-i would apply the color to the spot-and looks good as new! Altho-if your talking a large area on your berry-i don't know how well it may work for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 01:43 PM
    Does insurance cover paint chipping? Haha. . .I'd get a new housing, they are pretty cheap.
    05-06-09 03:53 PM
    Just get a housing like everyone said.
    05-06-09 06:59 PM
    Just get a housing like everyone said.
    Aaaaand they have pink. I'll probably just do that eventually! It's fine for now and not noticeable, and the silicone case I have from CB hides it.

Thankyou!
    05-06-09 07:28 PM
    Dunno about anybody else but I like my phone looking a bit scruffed, rugged and well used
    05-07-09 02:04 AM
    at least your BB still has its health. scratches and nicks give them character. it's there, it ain't going nowhere unless you replace the housing.
    05-07-09 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD