Now that Corning has announced they are shutting their doors, who will take over the gorilla glass for our devices? shame ,such an awesome company with a great history of innovation. gonna miss them.
    12-04-11 07:15 PM
    i did not know that we use gorilla glass on the Blackberry
    12-04-11 07:20 PM
    I don't believe it's gorilla glass either
    12-04-11 07:25 PM
    Gorilla glass? Not on my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-11 07:25 PM
    i did not know that we use gorilla glass on the Blackberry
    What kind of glass does the Storm 2 use? That phone's screen is very hard to scratch. I never used a screen protector and my Storm 2's screen is perfect.
    12-04-11 07:28 PM
    Im sure some other company would be willing to buy the patent from them and continue on. I wonder why they went down. If they are building for smartphones there business should be booming right now.
    12-04-11 07:29 PM
    Is gorilla glass really all it's "cracked" up to be? Not from what I've read.
    12-04-11 07:31 PM
    Now that Corning has announced they are shutting their doors
    Could you please post a link to the source of this?
    12-04-11 08:00 PM
    Even if it's true it's not a major let down. All those YouTube videos demonstrating no scratches using keys, knives, etc. etc. are BS.

My sister has an HTC Sensation which uses Gorilla glass. No screen protector and there are definitely scratches on the screen.
    12-04-11 09:34 PM
    Now that Corning has announced they are shutting their doors, who will take over the gorilla glass for our devices? shame ,such an awesome company with a great history of innovation. gonna miss them.
    What are you talking about? Corning is not shutting down.
    12-04-11 11:26 PM
    What are you talking about? Corning is not shutting down.
    Maybe he ment that in a literal sense versus metaphorical? Does are made to be open and shut you know.
    12-04-11 11:32 PM
    Yeah, I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Corning is a major glass and ceramics manufacturer. They are not just "shutting their doors" - unless it's to go home at night. Even then, most glass manufacturing happens on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week schedule.

Some recent Corning news includes: just acquired Mediatech Inc last week; announced two months ago that Gorilla Glass is coming to more surfaces... That's not the sound of a company "shutting their doors".

What they did say was that demand for Gorilla Glass will be weaker in the Q4 due to weaker than expected non-iPad tablet sales. That's it.
    12-05-11 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD