View Poll Results: What's your security timeout set for?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 minute

1 16.67%
  • 2-5 minutes

1 16.67%
  • 10-15 minutes

3 50.00%
  • 20-30 minutes

0 0%
  • 1 hour

1 16.67%
    Mine was set for the max (an hour) for the longest time. Recently, I decided to try the extreme opposite end of the spectrum and set it for one minute. I'll see if the benefit of a one-minute time-out outweighs the greatest inconvenience -- no, not having to enter the password more often, but losing a CB reply I might be working on if I happen to place the device down for more than a minute!
    07-03-10 12:28 AM
    After trying times from 2 minutes on up I now use one hour. Like you postulate I got tired of losing contact when putting the phone down for moments.

Also not set to lock when holstered. QuickLaunch allows immediate lock if I know I am not going to be using the phone for a bit such as at work in its cradle.

P/W lock and storage are among my favorite parts of the BB experience.
    07-03-10 06:40 AM
    Yea, I have a feeling I'll be going back to a one hour time out. I'll just have to discipline myself to hit the "lock" button more often. In the meantime, I'll enjoy setting my phone down without having to worry about some nosey person picking it up to thumb through my pics and contacts.

P/W lock and storage are among my favorite parts of the BB experience.
    I agree. Password keeper's great, too!
    07-03-10 03:22 PM
    I added a poll ...
    10-10-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD