Can I change to use my own number if so how do you change it ?
    Cheers in advance
    Last edited by tonyB47; 06-08-09 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
    06-08-09 11:11 AM
    Phone number are you asking? Im not quite understanding your question.
    06-08-09 11:17 AM
    I have just bought a new blackberry phone and want to know if i can change the number from the one issued with the phone to my old phone number to save giving all contacts a new number
    Last edited by tonyB47; 06-08-09 at 11:28 AM. Reason: explaination
    06-08-09 11:21 AM
    I know when you leave carriers, you can port your number to another one. You didnt give it to them when you signed up? It shouldnt be too late. Call your new carrier and tell them you want to port your old number over.
    06-08-09 11:27 AM
    Tony - which country do you live in...??

Here in the UK we have something called the Porting Authorisation Agreement where the Service Providers agree to allow you to move you rnumber from one provider to another once you are out of minimum term committment. Your current SP would then produce a PAC code which you give to your new SP - they enter that into their computer systems and in takes 48-hours to move over.

In the UK you need to port your number in at the point of connection to do this with Vodafone; with o2 you have a 2 week peiord in whcih to move your numbers and with T-Mobile and Orange you can do it at any point along the lifetime of the agreement.

Not sure whatthe process is in other countries.

Hope that helps
    06-08-09 11:46 AM
    I live in the UK and am with T-Mobile I have just spoke to them and they say I cannot change my number, my old number I wish to transfer is also a T-mobile number
    06-08-09 02:50 PM
    I live in the UK and am with T-Mobile I have just spoke to them and they say I cannot change my number, my old number I wish to transfer is also a T-mobile number
    Why would you sign up for a 2nd tmobile number when you already had an existing Tmobile number?
    Something about your situation isn't making sense. It sounds like you signed up for a 2nd contract, which of course they won't let you out of if it's past the grace period.
    06-08-09 03:02 PM
    Right lads lets start at the begining, I have a motorola connected to T-mobile on pay as you go, I have purchased a Blackberry 8110 from T-mobile on pay as you go to save any messing about issuing a new number I would like to transfer my old number to my new phone have spoken to T-Mobile and they say no
    06-08-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD