My school has OWA which works without flaw on my windows mobile phone. I dont provide any other details besides server address (OWA URL), username, password, and domain.

It does not work with my blackberry. The only difference I can really see is i dont provide the domain here.

Whats the deal?
    08-01-09 08:57 PM
    I see there are no responses yet. So I'm just gonna throw this out there. You have [Windows] Outlook access on your "Windows" mobile phone, but not on your Blackberry?

I'm sure it's possible. But the comparison I'll make is networking an XP with a Vista. Possible, but filled with pitstops.
    08-01-09 10:00 PM
    I do know its possible but bis doesn't have many settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:38 PM
    I am on BES and thus completely synch'd to Outlook but I've experimented with OWA just for testing and have had no issues setting it up on my Curve. I've helped a number of people at work set up their personal Berries for OWA without difficulty. So it does work.

Could you post back with a specific error or problem? Someone here will most likely be able to help.

08-01-09 11:43 PM
    my issue is that through the BIS configuration site, when I type in the details for my school's OWA, i get a "account successfully added" message, therefore it is validating my account on the server. But I cannot send or receive email from that account using my blackberry. If i try to send an email, it will tell me the email was sent, but when I check the delivery account (no matter where i send it), it doesnt deliver.

The problem is the same no matter if i use the automatic detection of settings for my OWA, or if I enter them manually as I would on my windows mobile phone.

Once again, I was able to sync on my windows mobile phone perfectly fine, i.e., calendar, contacts, email, everything. However on my blackberry, after a few hours of the account being "valid" (although cannot send/receive), the BIS site tells me the account is invalid, and I have to confirm it. In the confirmation, I enter the same exact details as it would say are invalid, and it accepts them again.

And for the record, I have tried re sending service books as well as trying different combinations of settings. Nothing seems to work..

So basically BIS can authenticate me on my OWA, but for whatever reason, it wont access my email. It would be nice if i could see some kind of log file to see where it goes wrong.
    08-02-09 12:10 AM
    my issue is that through the BIS configuration site, when I type in the details for my school's OWA, i get a "account successfully added" message, therefore it is validating my account on the server. But I cannot send or receive email from that account using my blackberry. If i try to send an email, it will tell me the email was sent, but when I check the delivery account (no matter where i send it), it doesnt deliver.
    OK, so just a suggestion. Ask your schools IT dept if they support pop3 or imap email clients. If they have limited the external gateway to just html browser support, you might have found the problem. My exchange server is setup to support a web based client and imap but provides no pop3 support. My berry will work given the limited support for imap folders ala gmail. I have, in the past, bolted on the BES software which provides full support of exchange but, of course, there is a cost factor.

Be well.
    08-02-09 01:50 AM
    There is no pop or imap access. I have already asked the IT people. If I am understanding your post, you say that maybe my school doesn't have anything but html based email, however as I have already said, I was able to sync on my previous phone just fine.

08-02-09 08:59 AM
    Hey XGM,

Your winmo device has native software that will allow the device to talk directly to your school's exchange server. The pre-requisites for using this software (exchange activesync) is that your company must be using exchange 2003 sp2 or 2007, and have OWA enabled on the server. If all of these are in pace, than it is as simple as adding server address, username, password, and domain, like you were able to do.

However, the only way to have your BB sync with exchange (that I know of) is thru a BES. Unless you have your work email forwarded to a pop/imap email BIS will not be able to give you what you're looking for.
    08-02-09 12:16 PM
    There is an tutorial in one of the forums on crackberry on how to set it up, I eventually got my works owa working on my bold and had tried all sorts previously.
    08-02-09 01:58 PM
    any link to that?

08-02-09 02:30 PM
    Hey XGM, <snip>
    However, the only way to have your BB sync with exchange (that I know of) is thru a BES. Unless you have your work email forwarded to a pop/imap email BIS will not be able to give you what you're looking for.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it for for full sync of all Outlook functions, but the OP seems to be having trouble setting up just an OWA email account. This stymies me, as I've set up numerous OWA accounts to our Exchange server; in fact, just since this trhead started I did it again on my Curve to make sure I'm not dreaming. No problems here and sorry but I'm at a loss as to how to advise the OP.

08-02-09 03:16 PM
    My problem is very similar. My school is using the Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. The tech support site has configuration instructions for the iPhone and Windows based devices. When the IT guys talked to us they said that bbs are not supported "right now". I am skeptical if it will ever be since BBs have been around a while. I also am unable to forward or retrieve this inbox through a service such as gmail. Does anyone know of a work around here? There has to be one, right?
    08-02-09 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the support guys. I feel really welcome to the BB community. I am trying to play with the free version of BES for 1 user to see what that'll bring me. Ill keep you guys posted.

Are there any applications that support OWA email access?
    08-02-09 11:18 PM
    Hi Jbeachy,

My organization supports Exchange via OWA, MAPI and Active Sync. I'm not sure if the BlackBerry uses this connections.

I followed stpes and couldn't succeed setting up my office mail setup on my BIS account.

1. Outlook Web Access URL: <my office domain name>/owa/
    I also tried with secure layer (https) and these urls as well-
    <my office domain name>/owa/
    <my office domain name>/exchange
    <my office domain name>/owa/<mailbox name>

2. Username: NTDOMAIN\Username (example)
    3. Password: My NT password.
    4. Mailbox name: Username (example)

I entered the required information and select Next. it says ... processing... please wait.. after 20-30 seconds. It gives me error message...

I've attached error screen for your reference. I have done permutations & combinations with the abouve inputs but no luck. Please help me on this...

thanks a lot

PS - I had to remove links from my question due to some Forums rules ( i should have atleast 10 post count in order to post links)
    08-10-09 06:30 AM
    Anyone help me on this please??
    08-13-09 03:06 AM
    It is possible, I have my work email go to my BB through OWA. i just played with the settings until I got it correct. I also searched ad found a tread on Crackberry that had a pretty good tutorial for it
    08-13-09 05:05 AM
    Anyone help me on this please??
    DId you ever figure this out?????? that is EXACTLY what my 'error' is....
    01-13-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD