Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288beaf3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ovoo to not support BB10 And PB

the guys from oovoo just replied and give me some bad news which i didnt want to hearOvoo to not support BB10 And PB-img_00000006.jpg
    Last edited by T-Raww; 12-16-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-17-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

okay. next...
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

It's ooVoo
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Blackberry people don't want Oovoo. It's not encrypted and doesn't store hashed passwords. I can hear it already.... IT'S UNSECURE, WE DON'T WANT THIS UNSECURE PIECE OF GARBAGE ON OUR SECURE PHONES!!!
    BBPandy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

...who's Oovoo? I swear, the app complaints get more and more obscure as we approach launch.

Edit: Well nevermind that I suppose, a bit of Googling suggests that ooVoo does in fact have a significant number of subscribers. Never heard of it before though!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    ...who's Oovoo? I swear, the app complaints get more and more obscure as we approach launch.
    Video chap app, similar to Skype, but also accessible via browser. IIRC, it's really popular in Russia.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    Video chap app, similar to Skype, but also accessible via browser. IIRC, it's really popular in Russia.
    If it's accessible via browser then it might be a non-issue on BB10, considering the excellent compliance of the browser.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

If it's accessible via browser then it might be a non-issue on BB10, considering the excellent compliance of the browser.
    It's accessible via browser, not browser based. I don't know how to explain it. It's similar to how Google Voice lets you create a link to call you. You post the Google Voice link, some one clicks it, and it calls you. It works like that.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

It's accessible via browser, not browser based. I don't know how to explain it. It's similar to how Google Voice lets you create a link to call you. You post the Google Voice link, some one clicks it, and it calls you. It works like that.
    Oh yes I get what you mean, nevermind then.
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,361 Global Posts

They haven't supported BlackBerry in the past, so the expectation of them to support BlackBerry 10 was never there for me.

I really wish people would stop highlighting what isn't there and lend more support to things that are. It seems we all spend too much time bringing negative things to light when there is plenty of other great things out there that are more deserving of the attention. Granted, we all do it but it doesn't have to be that way.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    Thanked by 10:
    9of13 (12-18-2012),  bigbmc26 (12-17-2012),  Bilaal (12-17-2012),  howarmat (12-16-2012),  hpjrt (12-17-2012),  HUNTZODIAC (12-17-2012),  Masahiro (12-17-2012),  RubberChicken76 (12-17-2012),  sf49ers (12-17-2012),  tdawg00 (12-16-2012) 
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

In the words of jake storm...wtf is ovoo
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

Ehh, not my cup of tea. Video gals, maybe.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Excellent html5 compliance atleast...
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius

I wouldve replied with, im sorry i wont be joining your community on any other platform BBYE
    9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..
    Just A Berliever....

Join Me On My Journey To Becoming A Hip/Hop Artiste!
    By Joining My Music Channel
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts

I never knew you we got faceflow seriously when one falls another rises.BBye
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

First time I tried OOvo on my laptop it gave me a virus. So I uninstalled it asap.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Genius

OoVoo works a lot better than Skype, especially with low bandwith connections. I had hoped it would make it to the Playbook, but of course it never did, and maybe it never will. Too bad. I use it quite extensively to communicate with friends in the Philippines. We gave up on Skype - never worked well for us.
    Thanked by:
    T-Raww (12-17-2012) 
    T-Raww likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    First time I tried OOvo on my laptop it gave me a virus. So I uninstalled it asap.
    Lol at OoVoo giving your laptop a virus.
    BB Crack fans are very funny. Quite similar to Apple fanboys.
    Skype not on BB (atm), Oovoo not on BB, Google not on BB, Whatsapp not on BB, Netflix not on BB. Typical response about all of it, "Don't give a *Censored*", "What's that service/app". Well, those 500 million+ people do care. These are critical apps for a customer these days, just because you don't use it doesn't mean those 500mil+ others are suppose to.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adva_ View Post
    Skype not on BB (atm), Oovoo not on BB, Google not on BB, Whatsapp not on BB, Netflix not on BB. Typical response about all of it, "Don't give a *Censored*", "What's that service/app". Well, those 500 million+ people do care. These are critical apps for a customer these days, just because you don't use it doesn't mean those 500mil+ others are suppose to.
    Don't know why you're laughing at my comment because it really happened. I had all of these stupid popups show up on my screen and it crashed my computer. I was just stating the experience I had with OOvo was Not good. Does not mean it isn't bad for others.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

FaceFlow works well ,its coming to BlackBerry10 and PlayBook. It works in the PlayBook browser as is now.

You can use this with friends without either of you downloading anything.

The dev is going to showcase a video of the progress for the PlayBook and  10 app soon.

He told me it looks very much like BBM. Very clean interface.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Master

Oovoo is pretty much a flop. They've been around for a long time but barely anyone uses it. Them not coming to bb is no big loss.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    They haven't supported BlackBerry in the past, so the expectation of them to support BlackBerry 10 was never there for me.

I really wish people would stop highlighting what isn't there and lend more support to things that are. It seems we all spend too much time bringing negative things to light when there is plenty of other great things out there that are more deserving of the attention. Granted, we all do it but it doesn't have to be that way.
    It's better to know how many holes your boat has than knowing how many it does not.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adva_ View Post
    You're serious? Netflix is a "critical app"? Google? What are you talking about? Skype is probably the only one that has any real influence for some people on their choice of phone, but there are always new apps and workarounds available. Why not wait until you actually see what BB10 brings to the table before taking that position? Do you honestly think RIM lives in a bubble? Maybe in the past, but not now. I am absolutely sure that they know what people want, and what they don't care about, and although it's easy for us looking in from the outside, we may never know the real reasons why these things happen or they don't. Stay tuned....I have feeling once BB10 arrives, many many people will be scrambling to make excuses for the RIM-bashing they've been doing all this time.
    lorax1284 and sf49ers like this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsbbs View Post
    It's better to know how many holes your boat has than knowing how many it does not.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    What holes? I'll take a solid freighter anyday over a cruise ship made of paper mache. RIM has been slow in recovering, but it's going to be solid...not riddled with security holes, crashes, and inflexible control issues.
    Thanked by:
    T-Raww (12-17-2012) 
    T-Raww likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by costas1966 View Post
    What holes? I'll take a solid freighter anyday over a cruise ship made of paper mache. RIM has been slow in recovering, but it's going to be solid...not riddled with security holes, crashes, and inflexible control issues.
    unfortunately, unless you plan on buying several million bb10 devices, bb needs these crappy apps to build up their customer base.
    see the goal is to grow, not maintain, and for every app we may deem worthless, bb is losing out on potential growth which is a bad thing.

that said, i think its too preemptive to be saying what is and isnt coming to bb10. i think a lot of the major players are adopting a wait and see attitude.

i agree with blaize that we should be talking up the ones that are confirmed such as faceflow.
    if faceflow users suddenly spike thanks to bb users support, it sends out a message that maybe it is worth getting on board bb10!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    Thanked by:
    T-Raww (12-17-2012) 
    HUNTZODIAC and T-Raww like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast