I am officially a bla.... err, crackberry user!

With the Bold's impending release(ATT better release within 30days, lol) I decided to go buy a curve to practice with until the Bold drops, then I will make the quick exchange within 30days.

I open up the box, start to practice, and well, DAMN. Like, DAMN. Do I really need the option to customize everything?!!?!? Im just palying around with the phone and its making my brain spin. Seriously, im going to sleep after this post.

Im going to browse for some of the "new berry user" links 2morrow, but what should my order of ops be? (Remember, this will be swapped for a Bold soon, so no heavy customization is required) Coming from a LG Trax flip phone, the Berry has about 2trillion billion more options. How the **** do you get a handle on all these features??? Don't get me wrong, im loving it, but DAMN, this will take awhile. Thx for reading, Deuce.
    10-23-08 09:48 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    10-23-08 10:34 PM
    welcome to CB

it can be a little overwhelming, just take it one feature at a time till you can familiarize yourself with the user interface.
    10-23-08 10:41 PM
    Dude-you are an ADDICT in the making! Welcome aboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 12:08 AM
    That's in part why we're addicted, there's always more to do!

One of my favorite tattoo artist's nickname is Deuce!
    10-24-08 01:28 AM
    Hi sdiddy, welcome to crackberry. Check out the newbie section of Crackberry, there is a whole load of useful information there. Enjoy your curve!

10-24-08 01:31 AM
    Its a definite change from a non smartphone ... once you've used a BB for a few weeks, you'll find it hard to use any other device
    10-24-08 02:56 AM
    Yep once you go BB you cant go back!
    10-24-08 03:14 AM
    Welcome aboard! U will soon be up to speed on your new Berry by visiting here frequently and asking questions.
    10-24-08 03:16 AM
    welcome to CB!
    just a bit of a learning curve......it will be second nature in no time!
    10-24-08 04:07 AM
    Just be glad you didn't break-in to the smartphone world with a WM phone, Overwhelmed would be an understatment.

Like other have said, you're an addict in the making. I give you 3 weeks with it, and you won't be able to imagine using anything else.

People have tried to leave bb for other phone, and all that I've seen don't even make it a month before boomeranging back to bb.

10-24-08 04:46 AM
    Welcome to CB and you will find answers to any questions you have in the forums.
    10-24-08 05:45 AM
    Hopefully Ill get out of the office today @ a reasonable time so I can spend a little more time with it. Im loving it, going to break it in during poker night tonight. Well, back to work
    10-24-08 06:08 AM
    Welcome to CB. It is definitely overwhelming at first, but you get the hang of it very quickly. Soon you won't be able to imagine your life without your berry .

10-24-08 06:27 AM
    You should have received a copy of the Curve Users Guide with your device, it documents all of the menus and setting you will use.

If you did not receive the manual, you can download a PDF copy from BlackBerry Support.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Help | BlackBerry Smartphone Help
    10-24-08 10:44 AM
    Love this phone. Had 2 travel 2 a spot in mi while driving from toledo.I'm very bad with directions.

What do I do? Dload google maps while driving, map the location, use the map to navigate around traffic. Talked to the partner via BBM during this time, switching from app to app, checking emails.

DEAL ME IN! After day 2, I'm hooked. YES!

10-24-08 09:16 PM
    I know the feelin just as learnin anything one step at a time especailly this lil beauty. I thonk its been about 3 weeks or so and I finailly saw how I can personalize my ringer and tones for ALL (and dang there are a couple) the message settings. One new thing at a time. I was to busy reserching how to update the os to distract myself.

This is my first I guess its called a smart phone comming from a I880 so was a leap from phonbe to phone but the wonderful people and guides here has made the transition nice and smooth. Have fun learning I am.

10-24-08 09:42 PM
    Welcome to CB! You will find a lot of very useful info on this site. Just keep reading. As far as your first smartphone BB great choice. I learned on a WM phone to complicated for even me. BB so much easier! You'll never buy a normal phone again.
    10-24-08 09:44 PM
    Welcome diddy, have you read the 101 guide? What I did was read the forums, device forum, general forum and the provider forum. It all got easier everyday. Try going to options and open every item there, then press the menu key and explore what options you have -- be careful not to change anything if you don't know what it is, a good one to start with is keyboard/screen. You can set up your font and other settings. Here's the link to the 101. Have fun!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

10-24-08 11:08 PM
    Welcome to the addiction and we do mean ADDICTION

10-25-08 10:04 AM
    You'll do fine, welcome!
    10-25-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD