Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:56 PM
    Hi there, does anyone have the same problem with me? After update to 10.2.0.424 my Z10 seems to be hotter than before, my battery do not long last, it just stand for over 3 hours without opening any application. Also it needs a a quite longer to charge my battery. How could i solve this problem.
    I'am from Indonesia,
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:01 PM
    Take battery out put it back in if your worried but my z10 gets very hot but looking at some recent posts it's nothing to worry about

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:29 AM
    You will need to give upto 48 hours for everything to sync in. Until than battery will drain faster than usual and battery will be occasionally hot.

It took upto 24 hours for my phone to settle in.
    11-02-13 02:41 AM
    Take battery out put it back in if your worried but my z10 gets very hot but looking at some recent posts it's nothing to worry about

Posted via CB10
    I've done doing this, i've tried to take out my battery for a couple of minutes, but it seems nothing change, my battery still very hot and drain so fast.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:37 AM
    You will need to give upto 48 hours for everything to sync in. Until than battery will drain faster than usual and battery will be occasionally hot.

I've update my OS to 10.2 since last week, but the issues of getting hot and drain so fast is still happen on my phone till now. Can anyone explain about this? I worry something wrong happen to my phone, how can i overcome this issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:40 AM
    I've done doing this, i've tried to take out my battery for a couple of minutes, but it seems nothing change, my battery still very hot and drain so fast.

Posted via CB10
    You may want to take your device back to the place you purchased it from they will send it off to be repaired

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:43 AM
    I've update my OS to 10.2 since last week, but the issues of getting hot and drain so fast is still happen on my phone till now. Can anyone explain about this? I worry something wrong happen to my phone, how can i overcome this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Which apps do you have open at all times?
    11-02-13 12:44 PM
    My z10 use to overheat a lot playing games, especially android ported games. It cools down right after I stopped the game. But what can you do? A phone with a high tech processor inside a very little insulated area all crammed into a box thats like 1 inch.

Anyways after the 10.2 update, I experienced it less.

Well as other suggestions from other people, try a security wipe/factory reset/restore, could be some sorta bug or errors in a corrupted file.
    11-02-13 02:39 PM
    Me too after the resent update my Z runs way cooler, even with heavy game playing. Try getting a replacement battery it's free cause the phone is under warranty. I did get a new battery arou.d the three month mark cause I was just not happy this it's performance. But all is well now, and after the update this thing is a slam dunk. Very happy with my Z

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:10 PM

Can someone explain this for me. How and why does a phone battery have to "sync up" to the operating system, or settle in. I have seen that posted for years and it has (a) never been my experience and (b) never made sense to me. What am I missing?
    11-02-13 04:21 PM
    Can someone explain this for me. How and why does a phone battery have to "sync up" to the operating system, or settle in. I have seen that posted for years and it has (a) never been my experience and (b) never made sense to me. What am I missing?
    I have over 500 contacts which all have unique links to contacts from each other (such as email, fb, work, twitter, what's app, bbm, etc). On top of that, I have over 2k friends on fb which all needs to be synced into my phone and than all my email accounts (2gmail, 1yagoo) and all my calender events which are also all connected to my email accounts and my phone, along with the contacts on my phone. It takes a while to sync all those information.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-02-13 04:53 PM
    I have over 500 contacts which all have unique links to contacts from each other (such as email, fb, work, twitter, what's app, bbm, etc). On top of that, I have over 2k friends on fb which all needs to be synced into my phone and than all my email accounts (2gmail, 1yagoo) and all my calender events which are also all connected to my email accounts and my phone, along with the contacts on my phone. It takes a while to sync all those information.
    I get all that as I have pretty much the same level of contacts (except Facebook) as well as four email accounts with non-common contacts for each. I understand how all that needs to be synced up but that is natural function of the phone.

What I am talking about is the common theory that an OS version can have a negative effect on battery life initially as the OS (not the device functions themselves) and the battery have to somehow "settle in" That is the part that has never made any sense to me.

And just to be a little more clear, I do understand that there are / have been OS's that have code written that poorly utilize the radio which results in lesser battery life but that isn't a settling in issue. That is a bug that needs to be corrected.
    11-02-13 06:43 PM
    Do me a favor and download this.

Over heated on my Z10 STL100-2-img_00003437.png

Open it and compare it to this.
    Leave it as an active frame.
    Access it frequently to help you kill running processes that are running with no particular app running. It has directly made a difference for me with some WTF battery moments .

Over heated on my Z10 STL100-2-img_00003438.png

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:16 PM
    I dont know what happen to my Z10, all the people in this forum said that there is an improvement in their battery life, but it never happen to my, my Z10 keep get hot and hotter all the time, and of course it makes my battery drain faster. Please soneone help me to overcome this issue,

Fyi, before update to 10.2 my battery is normal, but all this terrible things happend since i update to 10.2

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:28 AM
    You know as well as I do that this is a myth that is perpetuated here on Crackberry. It's compete nonsense to say that a phone needs a couple of days to "settle in." This has been going around forever with not one substantial claim to back it up.
    11-09-13 07:40 AM
    I'm having the same problem since I updated to version 424 few days ago. Phone will overheating itself will out opening any application. Battery drain faster than ever from and try within 5 hours. Have checked the App Monitor, seems the System consistently using the CPU of 15%. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:51 AM