WIND Mobile have reduced the price of both the Z10 and Q10. The Z10 was reduced by $100 to $499, and the Q10 was reduced by $50 to $599. Both of these devices will work on at least T-Mobile after unlocking, not too sure about other networks. Anyone know?

Z10: http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCat...9&color=orange

Q10: BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 12:19 PM
    att and VZW are also reduced last I looked. are you thinking US and Canadian carriers?
    07-26-13 12:31 PM
    I believe you'll still need to pay for at least 30 days worth of service with wind to be able to walk out with the device.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:31 PM
    I believe you'll still need to pay for at least 30 days worth of service with wind to be able to walk out with the device.

Posted via CB10
    To purchase a phone off contract they make you buy service? That is a fantastic way to make a profit and screw over customers.
    07-26-13 12:32 PM
    To purchase a phone off contract they make you buy service? That is a fantastic way to make a profit and screw over customers.
    Yea, I don't know any carrier in Canada who will let you leave with a phone unactivated. No contact means you can cancel at any time, but it doesnt mean they will just sell you the hardware, and cancelation takes 30 days.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:34 PM
    Well for most companies but it would be pretty hard for wind to do this since they are mostly a prepaid provider.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    07-26-13 12:34 PM
    Yea, I don't know any carrier in Canada who will let you leave with a phone unactivated. No contact means you can cancel at any time, but it doesnt mean they will just sell you the hardware, and cancelation takes 30 days.

Posted via CB10
    On almost all hardware in Canada, you have the option to buy at full retail price. This means without a service. You can activate as prepaid on the rest.

Go to Costco. They'll sell you most devices outright. Trust me.
    07-26-13 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very interesting. I can walk into any store down here and purchase off contract. Dont even have to give a name, phone number, or anything in some places. Just pony up the cash and walk out.
    07-26-13 12:39 PM
    On almost all hardware in Canada, you have the option to buy at full retail price. This means without a service. You can activate as prepaid on the rest.

Go to Costco. They'll sell you most devices outright. Trust me.
    That's not correct. I'm not saying it never happens, but it isn't the policy of any carrier in Canada. Buying a device a full retail entitles you to own it without contract, not without service. The policy is for the retail location to activate the phone before it leaves. Which means the buyer will be charged for 1 month of service and the activation fee (assuming the carrier has one) after which they are free to cancel.

Source: I worked in management for 2 of the big 3 carriers.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:44 PM
    Find someone who's an existing customer of WIND's and get them to buy the phone as a gift, I used to do it all the time when I was with them. Failing that, buy it as a PAYGO phone and put $5.00 on it and walk out. Another option is to set up the cheapest pay before plan ($20) and then don't refresh after a month.

And ALWAYS deal with a corporate location, stay clear of the dealer locations.
    07-26-13 01:42 PM
    Find someone who's an existing customer of WIND's and get them to buy the phone as a gift, I used to do it all the time when I was with them. Failing that, buy it as a PAYGO phone and put $5.00 on it and walk out. Another option is to set up the cheapest pay before plan ($20) and then don't refresh after a month.

And ALWAYS deal with a corporate location, stay clear of the dealer locations.
    It can be activated on an existing account. That is the best option of you know someone who is a customer.

As for activation as pay go though, I don't know any company who sells a 5 dollar pay go card. Our lowest was 10 (actually I think it moved to 15 shortly before I left) and there was a minimum balance for activation. Can't remember if it was 20 or 30.

Either way you are back up to the price of a month of service on a basic 20 dollar voice plan.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 02:22 PM
    Very interesting. I can walk into any store down here and purchase off contract. Dont even have to give a name, phone number, or anything in some places. Just pony up the cash and walk out.
    As far as I know, AT&T requires you to be a customer for them to sell the device at the no-commitment price to you. I don't know this for sure, because I'm an AT&T customer and can't test it for myself. I think that they will sell a device (at least online) to someone who is not a customer, but it costs more than the no-commitment price. T-Mobile charges you more than the full retail price if you buy the phone and are not their customer.

In short, it can be done in some places, but the price you pay may be higher.
    07-26-13 03:01 PM