Hello all. I�ve had my 8900 for 2 days and this is my first post to the forums. I spent many hours searching through the forums for a solution to a sync issue I was having. Although I have found a tremendous amount of useful info, I had no luck resolving my problem.

The problem was that I was using Outlook 2007 for my hotmail account and when I tried to sync I received a Runtime Error to the effect that the data file could not be found (I�m sorry that I don�t remember the exact wording of the error). Turns out that this is due to Outlook Connector when you use Outlook for Internet Mail Only.

I have come up with a solution, albeit an inelegant one. I�m pretty sure a neat and clean solution doesn�t exist.

1. File>New>Outlook Data File � you may call the file whatever you like. I called mine Maine. I also chose to call the associated pst file Maine to avoid any confusion.

2. File>Data File Management � select your new data file as the default.

3. Shutdown and restart Outlook. This will create your default calendar, tasks, contact. They will all be empty.

4. Open your calendar and select the calendar that has the info that you want to sync. In my case, the hotmail calendar. Right click and copy. Copy it to the new data file you just created, in my case Maine. Repeat with contacts and tasks. Note that you will now have 2 of each in your new data file. I don�t think you can delete the original. Be sure when you are configuring synchronization in desktop manager that you add the calendar, address book and task list that actually contain your data and remove the blank generic one. When you have successfully synced once, you can go back to File>Data File Management and select your hotmail account as your default. DM will continue to sync with the correct file.

The problem is that your hotmail (Windows Live) info will not be in sync with your BB. This isn�t a big deal for me, but it may be for you. Google Sync may provide a solution, but I am not a fan because it is calendar only and doesn�t give you any feedback or the option to accept or reject sync. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.
    03-27-09 09:46 AM
    Yes. this does suck HUGE!. I just got a Storm after being with a MS Smartphone for a few years. I switched back to BB only to find that it won't sync with my company's server calendar, contacts and tasks. What a drag. I have created another profile for the BB. I have to export the calendar and contacts and tasks files from the profile that syncs with my company server as a CSV file then import that into the BB profile.

I hope BB works out a solution to this! I spoke with them and they did not sound very "enthusiastic" about figuring this out. That sounded strange because I am sure there are LOTS of companies that use Connector programs between their servers and Outlook.
    04-05-09 08:15 PM
    I can appreciate your frustration, I have the same issue. While some folks have tried to help with this issue, most do not understand the important distinction between OUTLOOK and OUTLOOK CONNECTOR - two very different beasts.
    06-11-09 12:05 PM
    I have a Storm and am on a BES. I just downloaded the lastest .148 software update through my laptop to my phone via the USB cable and am able to now turn the Wireless Sync to YES within the Contact's options folder. It has previously been grey and was not available to turn on. Had friends that did it OTA but it did not work so try hooking up your Storm to your computer and run DM.

Just as you do with the Calendar, go into options and switch the Wireless Sync button to YES. No going to Google.com and other site to navigate around a problem.

Thanks.
    06-11-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD