Hello,
    I am look for PIM to replace outlook but am having a hard time finding one that does email, calendar and contacts and syncs with a blackberry.

Anyone out know of anything I could use insead of Outlook
    thanks
    Ben
    10-13-09 08:37 AM
    Yahoo works best with DM as its a two way sync and Google apps (Google Sync).
    10-13-09 08:40 AM
    Do you care about tasks and memos?
    10-13-09 11:31 AM
    To answer your question not sure if there's an out of the box program that does it all. I too was along time Outlook user but recently switched to Act that will sync with Google calendar (via CompanionLink ) which syncs with your BB via Google sync. It was very easy to set up if you have some minor tech skills and works flawlessly...hope this helps
    10-13-09 02:16 PM
    On Windows? No... never found one after significant searching.

On Mac there's Entourage or the iCal/Mail/Address book combo, both of which sync to the BB using the new Desktop Manager for Mac.
    10-13-09 02:18 PM
    What they need is native support for Mozilla's Thunderbird, or "Evolution" (for those needing additional functionality that more closely resembles that found in Microsoft's Outlook)...

Why neither of these clients is supported by more manufacturers is beyond me, particularly with regards to Thunderbird, which has a HUGE following (largely in part to the popularity of Firefox, which is made by the same people).

There are ways to synchronize them with the Blackberry, but you'll need to look at two-step solutions, such as Google Sync, Funambol, ScheduleWorld or something else... There's nothing that will do it directly to my knowledge...

In the past I have successfully synchronized both of these clients using (at different times) Funambol and ScheduleWorld (now a premium/paid service - it used to be free); I was using a BlackBerry Curve 8300 at the time.

Anyway, slightly off-topic, here's the links for the two software packages mentioned above (they're both available for most operating systems)...
    Thunderbird - Reclaim your inbox
    Evolution
    Last edited by cyba.cowboy; 11-08-09 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Adjustment to formatting.
    11-08-09 02:46 AM
    My sister just synched hers with Yahoo very successfully. My problem with it would be Yahoo tends to pick up a lot of exteranious contacts so you may end up with a lot of garbage in your phone after a 2way synch, but if Outlook is not an option then Yahoo is possible.
    11-08-09 03:55 AM
    Microsoft's Outlook Express (Windows XP and earlier) and Windows Mail (Windows Vista) can automatically synchronize contacts data without issue, if that's an option... You just won't be able to automatically synchronize your other data (calendar entries and tasks).
    11-08-09 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD