Set up my mother-in-law's new Bold 9650 tonight. She uses a Charter.net email domain. Setup went fine. I can send email from the BB, and I can receive email to it as well, but ONLY if Outlook is closed down on her PC. If Outlook is left open on her PC, new mail seems to land in her Outlook inbox before it can even get to the BB, and ultimately never gets to the BB.

Is there some sort of setting I'm missing, like, "leave mail on server" or something that will allow mail to download to her open Outlook program AND go to the BB too?

She works from home so obviously Outlook is open most of the day, so shutting it down just so mail loads to the BB seems counterproductive.

I'd appreciate any help!

BTW, not sure if it matters, but I did NOT set up a BIS account for her.

Thanks!
    03-28-11 11:16 PM
    For a POP3 account, I use these settings. Incoming/outgoing server depends on the email account.

The email account must be added to BIS in order for it to get sent to the BlackBerry.

With the settings I use, when I delete the email in Outlook it gets deleted from the server and from the BlackBerry. I can choose to delete on device and handheld if I don't want it in Outlook when Outlook is not open. If I do not have Outlook open and delete on handheld only, when I open Outlook the email will be there.
    Last edited by lak611; 03-29-11 at 12:14 AM.
    03-28-11 11:27 PM
    Thank you! I'll set up her BIS account ASAP. Thanks for the help!
    03-28-11 11:36 PM
    03-28-11 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD