I know typically GMail and its ecosystem is now virtually the norm for email users.

But, I'd like to know do you, You, or YOU use Outlook.com on your BlackBerry device?

If so, does it work well, Contacts, Calendar and Email?

Please provide your feedback in posts below.

Thanks

Ivan
    03-04-13 11:44 AM
    Very well!!

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    03-04-13 11:49 AM
    It works very well on my old Bold 9900 (c'mon Q10) and PlayBook. I don't use the contacts and calendars just strictly emails.
    JR A likes this.
    03-04-13 11:55 AM
    Hi,
    I am using outlook.com to sync my Outlook content on PC (with Outlook.com connector).
    By this, I have focus only on Calendar and Contacts - no E-mail.
    Since 1 week, it's working fine.
    Just some more works to copy new/changed Calendar entries and Contacts from Outlook (local) to outlook.com account.
    At least Calendar usage is easy by attaching both used calendars to the "Calendar" button in Outlook (local) so that they are open both at the same time.
    03-04-13 11:55 AM
    Can people recommend a good email client that works with outlook.com? I know its not strictly BB related but I don't really enjoy using web-based browsers on my desktop!

They say Outlook of the office suite is the best ever but I cannot afford to pay for it!

Thanks
    03-04-13 11:57 AM
    I don't use my stuff for work, it's all personal. I don't really use the contacts and calendar but I did test them out and seem to sync. The email I've never had an issue with it unless MS had an issue on their end.
    03-04-13 11:59 AM
    Can people recommend a good email client that works with outlook.com? I know its not strictly BB related but I don't really enjoy using web-based browsers on my desktop!

They say Outlook of the office suite is the best ever but I cannot afford to pay for it!

Thanks
    Have you tried windows live mail (maybe they killed that?) or thunderbird?
    03-04-13 12:01 PM
    Have you tried windows live mail (maybe they killed that?) or thunderbird?
    They haven't killed it off, but it doesn't come stock with Windows 8. You have to download it. MS apparently wants people to use its Start screen Mail app, which is a mixed experience at best. (E.g., URLs are not hyperlinked, though of course even if they were, they would call up the bastardized Start screen version of IE.)

My problem with outlook.com is that the only place I can view all of my outlook.com mail is on outlook.com. I have it set up on my BB, but not all mail makes it there -- it's like there is something telling the BB from time to time when it syncs that new messages have already been downloaded or read -- even though I've never seen them, and won't until I pull up outlook.com.
    03-04-13 12:16 PM
    They haven't killed it off, but it doesn't come stock with Windows 8. You have to download it. MS apparently wants people to use its Start screen Mail app, which is a mixed experience at best. (E.g., URLs are not hyperlinked, though of course even if they were, they would call up the bastardized Start screen version of IE.)

My problem with outlook.com is that the only place I can view all of my outlook.com mail is on outlook.com. I have it set up on my BB, but not all mail makes it there -- it's like there is something telling the BB from time to time when it syncs that new messages have already been downloaded or read -- even though I've never seen them, and won't until I pull up outlook.com.
    I can't stand the start screen mail app. I'd rather use the browser.

Re mails, yep if it's read on one it doesn't show up on the other.
    03-04-13 12:25 PM
    Thanks for all the replies thus far...

For those that use all items, Calendar, Contacts and Mail, if you change an item in your Contacts or Calendar (either online or via your device) does it sync the change, similar to what GMail\Google does?

Thanks

Ivan
    03-04-13 12:28 PM
    I have found the email to be fantastic thus far.

Still trying to get the other two working...
    03-04-13 12:29 PM
    Did you happen to 'switch' from Gmail?

I have found the email to be fantastic thus far.

Still trying to get the other two working...
    03-04-13 12:32 PM
    Are we talking personal outlook.com email?
    03-04-13 12:37 PM
    For those that use all items, Calendar, Contacts and Mail, if you change an item in your Contacts or Calendar (either online or via your device) does it sync the change, similar to what GMail\Google does?
    Yes, of course.
    03-04-13 12:47 PM
    Yes, i.e. the 'old' Hotmail, hence Outlook.com

Are we talking personal outlook.com email?
    03-04-13 12:52 PM
    Hmm, interesting...

Thanks

Yes, of course.
    03-04-13 12:52 PM
    @OP it syncs right away on the Z10, on the web and on a Windows 8 PC for me. I deleted a contact from the phone, checked the web and the PC and it was gone right away.
    03-04-13 01:32 PM
    I'll share my thoughts from another thread on the same topic:

You betcha. Outlook.com sets up and syncs absolutely beautifully with BlackBerry 10.

I made the switch over to outlook.com and got a few nice surprises. Emails flagged in outlook.com show up in the remember app under "unfiled" as to-do items with the email as an attachment. To-do items created in the calendar show up under the calendar's respective folder in the remember app as well.

Two-way email sync is quick and flawless. ALL of my calendars in outlook.com were added automatically. It appears as though shared calendars work as well.

It's just beautiful. I haven't had any issues. To top it off, you can set the "send" address in outlook.com as your gmail address, so your contacts won't know the difference. I then set up email forwarding within Gmail, and that process is pretty instantaneous. Can't notice any delay in email arrival doing this.

Highly recommended!
    JR A and revtech like this.
    03-04-13 01:44 PM
    Again, thanks for the responses.

To confirm, does anyone with a BlackBerry 9900 use Outlook.com? Does the sync seem seamless?
    03-04-13 02:13 PM
    Did you happen to 'switch' from Gmail?
    Yes. (In process)

Still trying to iron out the cal and contacts.
    03-04-13 02:50 PM
    Yes Sir, I love the outlook.com. I have the Bold 9930 and a Playbook. I get email and contacts on the Bold, but no calendar updates. On the Playbook however, I get email, contacts, and the calendar perfectly.
    03-04-13 04:41 PM
    I hooked up outlook to my Z10 and desktop computer.

Works awesome. Absolutely love it. No probs with email or syncing.
    03-04-13 04:45 PM
    I have a bold 9900 and my hotmail/outlook contacts and email sync great, though doesn't work for calendar.
    03-04-13 05:29 PM
    I have a bold 9900 and my hotmail/outlook contacts and email sync great, though doesn't work for calendar.
    So it isn't just me?
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 03-04-13 at 06:17 PM.
    03-04-13 06:05 PM
    Here you go Ivan Not good News here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-sync-769476/
    anon(153966) likes this.
    03-04-13 06:16 PM
80 123 ...