What has happend to Crackberry, every single day some negative article- what if... We r actually having an article about 10.4 which is year away , how it is the end of life and other bulls**ts ... I dont really know what is the purpose of this kind of articles, to even us on this community that love BlackBerry ->Crackberry - to leave it...?And please dont start with - new forum member.......I m with crackberry like forever, this is my new profile.We dont need fairy tales-kind of articles, but ALSO dont need everyday negative articles. It is enough of negative forum members with their -always complaining-posts.

Ps sorry for my english.It isnt my primary language

Q10
    pungster likes this.
    06-16-14 02:52 PM
    The EOL isn't negative at all. Of course some people will take it negatively but that happens across the board with any rumor. It actually highlights how it's not that big of a deal to most of the core BlackBerry user base because they're ALREADY looking for, waiting for and wanting new hardware. The MAJORITY of the comments even reflect that. The people who don't care outweigh those who do.
    donemt, FrankIAm and Parrillas NY like this.
    06-16-14 02:59 PM
    But to the most of us in community, and the new people who come to crackberry, first they ll see - article about the 10.4 end of life... most of them wont even read it...and if it isnt to important why is it on my homepage of Crackberry that I open up about hundred times a day... This is the only place on internet that I dont want to find these negative articles...

Q10<<Z10<<9900<<9780<<8520
    06-16-14 03:08 PM
    I almost forgot, congrats on ur new position on Crackberry...

06-16-14 03:09 PM
    But to the most of us in community, and the new people who come to crackberry, first they ll see - article about the 10.4 end of life... most of them wont even read it...and if it isnt to important why is it on my homepage of Crackberry that I open up about hundred times a day... This is the only place on internet that I dont want to find these negative articles...

Q10<
    Because there's already been plenty of discussion about it and people are interested. We don't just cater to *new* people, we cater to all people who wish to read the site. It was a topic of interest, so it got covered and again, most comments aren't negative towards it.
    KDB84 likes this.
    06-16-14 03:12 PM
    Find random people who dont use BlackBerry. Convince them to somehow buy BlackBerry 10, and than let them go on Crackberry site. First thing they ll find -articles about end of life, what would me go back to blackberry, negative negative negative.and than, for worse,to go to the forums, they ll find that blackberry 10 doesnt work at all, people always complainning...How the f*** I m so satisfied, for a year now , with this OS, that is so underestimated by media , most of tech sites...

06-16-14 03:33 PM
    Find random people who dont use BlackBerry. Convince them to somehow buy BlackBerry 10, and than let them go on Crackberry site. First thing they ll find -articles about end of life, what would me go back to blackberry, negative negative negative.and than, for worse,to go to the forums, they ll find that blackberry 10 doesnt work at all, people always complainning...How the f*** I m so satisfied, for a year now , with this OS, that is so underestimated by media , most of tech sites...

ALL PLATFORM forums have EOL discussions, because ALL DEVICES eventually go EOL. It's just the product life cycle, nothing more.
    06-16-14 03:36 PM
    All users of other platforms dont fear every single day that maybe tomorrow their platform will no longer exist...we all know that things arent good at blackberry.And i would love not to see negative articles here on Crackberry, our Blackberry -Utopia. Utopia, that is the term how i felt about Crackberry site

Q10
    06-16-14 03:43 PM
    ALL PLATFORM forums have EOL discussions, because ALL DEVICES eventually go EOL. It's just the product life cycle, nothing more.
    Well put, every electronic device has a hardware and software shelf life. The iPhone platform is going through the same EOL issues with IOS 8, the iPhone 3 and 4 (Not the 4S) will not be supported anymore. Doesn't mean you can't still use it, just not with the latest software.
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    06-16-14 03:47 PM
    Well put, every electronic device has a hardware and software shelf life. The iPhone platform is going through the same EOL issues with IOS 8, the iPhone 3 and 4 (Not the 4S) will not be supported anymore. Doesn't mean you can't still use it, just not with the latest software.
    We r not at the same position as the iphone users...and we all know how the playbook thing turned out in the end...because of that we dont need an ARTICLE related to how our phones will (in future) be discontinued. It is normal thing, i agree, but people would understand it wrong

06-16-14 03:57 PM
    I want to know when my device will be discontinued. And I visit CrackBerry several times a day, so it's the best place to announce this.

However, we are talking about rumours, not facts. On one side, if people can't understand what a rumour is, it's not CrackBerry's problem. On the other side, anyone should be able to post BlackBerry-related stuff on CrackBerry, because that's the biggest BlackBerry fan site on internet.

Now, I understand you want to damage control what's posted to prevent misinformation, but the best CrackBerry can do without giving up free speech is tagging posts as [Rumours]. For the rest, it's business as usual, which means anybody can discuss the way they want (excluding personal attacks, obviously).

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-16-14 04:11 PM
    What has happend to Crackberry, every single day some negative article- what if... We r actually having an article about 10.4 which is year away , how it is the end of life and other bulls**ts ... I dont really know what is the purpose of this kind of articles, to even us on this community that love BlackBerry ->Crackberry - to leave it...?And please dont start with - new forum member.......I m with crackberry like forever, this is my new profile.We dont need fairy tales-kind of articles, but ALSO dont need everyday negative articles. It is enough of negative forum members with their -always complaining-posts.

Ps sorry for my english.It isnt my primary language

Q10
    Sorry but I don't agree with your position. This site absolutely needs some more "cut to the core" journalism or it will risk becoming irrelevant.

I agree that some negative forum posters are sometimes very tiresome as they often speak from ignorance and not facts.
    06-16-14 04:19 PM
    Yes but with Apple, the EOL will be on 4 year old phones. Blackberry's OS10 has been out a year and a half? If the EOL was being talked about on devises that are 3-4 years old, I think people would look at it in a better light.
    06-16-14 04:29 PM
    It has to be said - so sorry. Feel free to moderate me CB admins.

My friends, there are many - many - many Blackberry fan and news sites with pretty much nothing but 'The Good News'. N4bb, and Nerdberry are just two that I visit regularly. The have neither the following or the forum depth of CB. So if you want mostly positive news go there. For device and OS help, for interesting and lively discussion come here. For leaks, well they pretty much make the rounds of the inter-webs in a no time flat, so most sites will have them, though - they are often just links back to CB.

Really no sense complaining when you have a choice... and you do.
    06-16-14 04:34 PM
    Yes but with Apple, the EOL will be on 4 year old phones. Blackberry's OS10 has been out a year and a half? If the EOL was being talked about on devises that are 3-4 years old, I think people would look at it in a better light.
    In apples case I think they'd be better off with Blackberry's allegedly EOL cycle. Have you seen ios7 run on a 4 or 4s? Not smooth at all in my opinion.

Let's not forget the EOL for BlackBerry doesn't mean EOL completely, there would still be minor updates apparently.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-16-14 04:36 PM
    I would actually be disappointed if this was true because 2.5 years of support is not long enough especially in comparison to how long Apple supports their products
    dblekberi likes this.
    06-16-14 04:40 PM
    In apples case I think they'd be better off with Blackberry's allegedly EOL cycle. Have you seen ios7 run on a 4 or 4s? Not smooth at all in my opinion.

Let's not forget the EOL for BlackBerry doesn't mean EOL completely, there would still be minor updates apparently.

Posted via CB10
    I don't necessarily think what Blackberry is doing is wrong, I just think some remember the past and worry about the unknown. They here the phrase EOL, and worry. To be honest, the new OS might be a year away. Some would like to know when their devise will no longer be supported.
    06-16-14 04:42 PM
    Since this is turning into a discussion about the rumor and not necc. about it being posted any more, I do want to remind folks it started in this thread. - http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ls-eol-938473/ lol.
    06-16-14 04:45 PM
    Yes it started there, but problem is with articles being more and more negative lately on Crackberry. That was the one point that i tried to explain

Q10
    06-16-14 04:51 PM
    Yes it started there, but problem is with articles being more and more negative lately on Crackberry. That was the one point that i tried to explain

Q10
    Except for the EOL thing isn't necessarily negative! Again, it's part of any device's product cycle, AND according to rumors won't even happen for another few months. That's in line with most Android manufacturer's device cycles (not counting the developer community's roms for old devices). And like matt0135 mentioned, Apple's EOL cycle is a bit of a misnomer if the devices that are still receiving updates struggle to run the new software. I really think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here, and looking for negativity where there is none.
    06-16-14 05:10 PM

How many people are REALLY going to be affected by a post they didn't read?
    06-16-14 06:46 PM