People collect Barbie. They do activities with Barbie. Shopping with Barbie.... and all other activities with Barbie. The war between these dolls like Bratz trying to defeat Barbie -- this thing could get ugly. Isn't this so like the iPhone trying to beat BlackBerry?

We buy accessories such as cases, holster, skins and everything to match our attire for the day. We can't live without it. Wherever we go, we have to have it with us otherwise is feels like a part of us is missing. We play with it -- everywhere (bathroom or when we eat dinner ). We even sleep with it! Doesn't this sound like those kids we see, sleeping with their teddy bear, dolls or what not -- tucked in by their mom or dad. Remember the Toy Story? Where Andy felt lost when they went to the arcade, no game was good enough because he couldn't find Buzz? I can totally relate to that with my BlackBerry.

So my question is -- Is this our new "Barbie" of the new millennium? (for the business people) Are we those that didn't get the chance to play "dress me" when we were tykes?
    09-15-07 06:27 PM
    LOL
    Never liked dolls. I haven't started buying accessories for my BB yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-07 07:32 PM
    Never played with dolls either. But it was a "male" friend of mine who pointed this to me. So I will give him credit for this -- making me ponder....
    09-16-07 12:48 AM
    I say for guys, maybe it's like our "GI JOE". Come guys don't carry Barbies!! LOL!
    09-16-07 01:12 AM
    Yes credit goes to him.
    Made me go Hmmmmm :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-07 04:46 AM
    I say YES! It is the new Barbie (or GI Joe). Everyone needs a hobby! A must-have for work or play.
    09-16-07 12:58 PM
    I think it is for me... or at least my 'fad of the moment'....

For a while, I collected stuffed cows (I had over 20 in my car). Got rid of them, started collecting Build-A-Bears (I have over 50 now). I have 2 berries, and I think I can see me buying skins and cases for them to match what I wear....
    09-16-07 09:35 PM
    I have one customer who changes her BB skin everyday and her coworkers always assumed that she sports different phones all the time. Little did they know that it is the same phone, just different skin color.

Now that is totally "Barbie" right there!
    09-17-07 12:39 AM
    I claim this one!

Catt and I both got into the dressing discussion a while back and I see that she's asked you guys what you thought.

I really need to buy some more skins for mine and try on a few other colors and see if I like them better. I have White now, not sure what others I might like.

--Kidd
    01-05-08 10:44 AM
    My personal choice in 'barbie' has always been a computer. I have a collection of memorable old computers including a first generation 'Wos' ROM Apple II.

Got an authentic first addition Mac gathering dust in a closet. A succession of Thinkpad bricks and now my trusty megabox is gathering dust....

My Curve has become an extension of my left hand, except when I tuck it away to charge for the night.

Accessories? An OEM holster and a SD micro chip so far....
    Last edited by Stoner; 01-05-08 at 12:41 PM.
    01-05-08 12:24 PM
    I would agree. My Pearl's name is Stella, she has a few different outfits (skins), and we do everything together. I did not play with Barbie's as a kid so maybe I'm making up for it now!
    01-05-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD