Hi guys,

During this afternoon, RIM held a conference in my college, as part of a job fair composed of many other companies too. It was pretty amusing, and talked about good new stuff RIM will come up as part of the BlackBerry 10 "mobile computing" platform that the average consumer isn't aware of. RIM talked about lot of techy stuff because it was a technical conference intended to multiple engineering students, however, during the last part of the conference, where people asked questions and all, one guy came up with an usual question of "how does RIM picture the smartphone market from 10 years now?". The RIM guy said that the market is evolving at an amazing pace and other things, BUT, he said one thing that really messed up my mind. He said that RIM is working on the new platform, along with the new smartphones, tablets AND other devices that he wasn't able to comment on! (????)

Other devices that don't fall down into the smartphone or tablet category? What do you think RIM is hiding behind closed doors that is not a smartphone or tablet?
    10-05-12 06:13 PM
    Computer?

Tv?

Music Player?
    10-05-12 06:20 PM
    do you think they could be doing phablets?
    10-05-12 06:40 PM
    I've said within these forums before. there will be an break-out device like apple had the ipod. only blackberry has a new concept in mind. Has to do with cameras
    10-05-12 06:45 PM
    10-05-12 06:49 PM
    Maybe something to do with vehicles...
    10-05-12 07:36 PM
    Computer?

Tv?

Music Player?
    I do think they will get into computers eventually. In the video about the tech center that was posted on the crackberry blogs it shows the playbook OS running on a PC
    10-05-12 09:38 PM
    I think RIM has the potential to break into embedded systems (car, info stations, home and appliances) with BB10 in a way that apps just can't match. They've still got a long road ahead and I hope they get there with a lot of good partnerships along the way.
    10-05-12 10:46 PM
    Wait, wait, wait, I've got it. Syncing imap folders and keeping emails longer than 30 days. Wow, these guys think of everything.
    10-05-12 11:03 PM
    they already do other things. They have the music gateway. QNX is also used in many applications so these could integrate into other areas that RIM might be interested it.
    10-05-12 11:07 PM
    Hi guys,
    Other devices that don't fall down into the smartphone or tablet category? What do you think RIM is hiding behind closed doors that is not a smartphone or tablet?
    I'm going to go ahead and guess in-dash sat-nav systems that integrate some set of BlackBerry features, such as phone, voice-controlled email, perhaps extensible enough that you can add apps from App World as if it was a regular BlackBerry. Perhaps it'll just be an in-dash BlackBerry model, primarily centered on navigation and voice activated communication?
    10-06-12 12:04 AM