Hello,

I was sold a generic 9300 which I was later informed was not able to connect to UMA due to the lack of network provided settings. I called my network provider and was told they could not provide me with such setting. About 3 months later UMA just started working randomly. A quick look in the engeneering screen shown a new UMA profile called OTA provissioning!

My question is, if I upgrade my Blackberry OS will I lose my UMA function again?

Thanks for any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 09:44 AM
    Unfortunatly, yes. When you install a new OS, the provisioning will be reset.

However, before you do the upgrade, use the Engineering Screen to access and record the provisioning details. You also need to identify and save an emailed copy of the UMA security certificate.

After the upgrade, use the EScreen to recreate the provisioning and email the security certificate back to the device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...screen-548537/

...Creating the profile itself isn't difficult: access your device engineering screens, go into Mobile Network Engineering Screens>Utilities>Session Manager, press the menu button, select UMA, press the menu button, select New. That will enable filling in the UMA protocol version, UNC address, SEGW address, and the SEGW certificate (which is all the device needs to connect to your provider's UMA). After you create the profile, you can select it from the list (there will be a factory provisioning for the Orange UK settings) to switch UMA profiles.
    Good luck.
    04-04-11 10:58 AM
    Just curious, what is a generic 9700?
    04-04-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD