If somebody already asked this question, my apologies. Is it possible to upgrade OS6 to OS7 I have heard rumours that you need to purchase a new phone, surely this cannot be true I have not had my Torch that long?
    10-17-11 01:32 PM
    No you cant upgrade from BB 6 to 7. You need to have one of the newer phones that come preloaded with BB 7.
    10-17-11 01:37 PM
    That is excellent news, I could understand this if the phone I have was very dated.. I don't think my supplier will be generous enough to offer me a free upgrade (phone) just to get the latest OS. I am basically stuck with OS6 for another 12 months
    10-17-11 01:41 PM
    Im just saying but you should do some research when you buy a phone. You're not promised anything when you take that phone out of the store. Technology will always be a love/hate, but it is advancing at an insane rate.
    10-17-11 02:27 PM
    If somebody already asked this question, my apologies. Is it possible to upgrade OS6 to OS7 I have heard rumours that you need to purchase a new phone, surely this cannot be true I have not had my Torch that long?
    USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, IT'S BEEN POSTED ABOUT 10,000X.

AND IT'S NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. With today's technology, whatever you buy is somewhat outdated when you walk out the door. But in reality, technology, or a device, is only outdated when it cannot do something a newer model can do, that you REALLY need to do. Once you get your ego out of it, then you will enjoy what you have. Trust me, it's not like a Torch 9810 vs. the 9800 is the second coming of you know who. It's a bit faster, a cool feature or two, but it certainly isn't a life changer. Not like upgrading having a new laptop with a Pentium I5 vs. having a three year old laptop. Now that makes a difference. Oh yeah, the compasss on OS7. Buy a compass, if you are hiking, and looking at your BB, get a map, or get a life.
    10-17-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD