The download and installation that was just offered today, December 9th, took two hours. TWO HOURS!!!!!! And I had to enter all of my passwords!!! What a Crock of Sh---

My Windows computer does stuff faster than that.

BlackBerry is soooooo last year. Can't wait for the Verizon iPhone with LTE. Blackberry? I am so out of there!!!!
    12-09-10 10:37 AM
    This should be merged into the other threads in the Storm 2 forum - pick your poison, though. Many complaints about this latest one.
    JimIngram likes this.
    12-09-10 10:40 AM
    Actually it was released right around Thanksgiving. I'm guessing you did the OTA if it took two hours, experienced users know to avoid that method. USB-cabled updates take about 40 minutes. Bye-bye!
    12-09-10 10:56 AM
    The download and installation that was just offered today, December 9th, took two hours. TWO HOURS!!!!!! And I had to enter all of my passwords!!! What a Crock of Sh---

My Windows computer does stuff faster than that.

BlackBerry is soooooo last year. Can't wait for the Verizon iPhone with LTE. Blackberry? I am so out of there!!!!
    User error. Lmao@ OTA update...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 11:12 AM
    If the computer term of such an instant is, PEBCAK, then what would the mobile equivalent be?

My last point before I think the mods should move this over to the other section, and other thread(s), one needs to understand these OS files are in the 100MB range.
    12-09-10 11:16 AM
    I agree, the OS is a huge file to download over the cell network, even if you're near a better tower and average maybe 600-900kbps over the course of the download. Factor in also that the processor in your phone is weak and puny compared to a PC's processor, and it becomes understandable why the OS took so long to install OTA.

Next time, use a PC, and it goes much quicker.

You can downgrade back to a previous OS if you have a PC.
    12-09-10 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD