Hi guys. Since we need a 3rd and 4th OS. RIM is battling MS to number three and for bronze. 4th is not good enough for one OS. my friends are asking which one is gonna be third

It's Wp8 vs BB10
    Click to view quoted image

vs
    Click to view quoted image

Wp8: Windows phone 8 is a entirely new OS. It features a new live tile interface that are resizable. Built from the Windows 8 Kernel. It has tones of features. Direct X. enhanced Xbox live integration and Cloud integration etc. It also introduces the enterprise features Windows 8 and Windows 7 has.

BB10: is also a new OS built from the QNX kernel. It has a new interface that is nowhere like BB OS7 and it also has new enhanced Enterprise features. It fits all factors. touch to qwerty devices

Which Do you think will win and why. and what is the potential. Be Honest

I'm no Troll. I own a Lumia 800 and a Bold 9900.

REMEMBER THIS IS A FRIEND QUESTION!

This is on Wpcentral as well.
    Win? When? This year, next year...forever? Honestly I think Apple will move back to its niche existence in the next 7 or 8 years...android sucks at the core so they fill a gap but only due to lack of competition...and otherwise it is anyone's guess who is successful in their wake or in the wake of the generation replacing those who replace the currently mediocre market kings.
    09-15-12 09:32 PM
    Yes, but now there is potential for other OS's to grab MS coveted market share. If one of the other platforms is powerful enough to run MS Office and other stuff , all the other stuff at the same time. Yet MS is just selling the Usual. The door opens for some real change.
    If the door is open just a crack due to a transition at MS, someone is going to walk through. Now more than ever. Now or never! Enter BB10!
    You really think that bb10 is any better. It's still vaporware. Wp8 is already set on RTM. And we haven't see one comsumer feature yet. So you can't say wp8 is half baked. Enjoy your lagg bb phone. I've been stuck with it and I found the browser laggy. Did you know what rim just did they missed the Christmas holiday season and the back to school holiday. Honestly I have seen people with wp and they are absolutely happy about it. Everyperson with a bb they have been unhappy and want to switch to something else. Admit it dude. Wp8 has tones of potential to become a mayjor player in the smartphone world. Unlike bb10. So you can stop arguing now
    Last edited by 12Dandaman; 09-15-12 at 11:41 PM.
    09-15-12 11:33 PM
    I'm not saying it isn't going to do well but just now I have my email on the metro side and when I clicked on the link to come to this thread and make a reply it opens the metro browser which I'm not signed into crackberry on, I am on the desktop browser, so I had to copy the url from the metro browser and paste it in the desktop browser or I had to sign in on the metro browser.

There is a disconnect from the desktop and metro at least to me. My mail in metro doesn't give me notifications when I'm in the desktop, I think it should. The metro browser has less features than the playbook browser.

Granted it isn't the release version coming up but right now for me I can ignore the metro part of it on my laptop.
    It's because you have the release preview you don't have RTM or the final version
    09-15-12 11:34 PM
    I think Apple will be 3rd within 2 years. This is how I see the next wave coming in although I wish it was bottom to top.
    1. WP8 - I think they will take off next year when people start hearing about it. It looks amazing so far and is generating quite a buzz. Will generate lots of sales with business and personal use.
    2. Android - Keeping up the pace
    3. Apple - Sales slowing down due to mixed reviews of iP5 - iOS seems old and dated now.
    4. BB10 - Mass market knows nothing about BB10 yet. Hopefully it will be a great hit which I believe it will but I don't think the media will give it any good reviews even if it turns out to be the next best thing. For some reason, the media hits hard on BB, even if the majority of them use it.

Just my opinion, don't flame me for it.
    09-15-12 11:45 PM
    Unlike bb10. So you can stop arguing now
    You speak so eloquently. It must be the truth.
    Its your thread bud, I was just speaking my views. For that I'm arguing and should stop. Whatever!
    I say your trollish, yes or the very first nokia/WP fanboy. Well done.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 09-16-12 at 12:49 AM.
    09-15-12 11:57 PM
    I think Apple will be 3rd within 2 years. This is how I see the next wave coming in although I wish it was bottom to top.
    1. WP8 - I think they will take off next year when people start hearing about it. It looks amazing so far and is generating quite a buzz. Will generate lots of sales with business and personal use.
    3. Apple - Sales slowing down due to mixed reviews of iP5 - iOS seems old and dated now.
    4. BB10 - Mass market knows nothing about BB10 yet. Hopefully it will be a great hit which I believe it will but I don't think the media will give it any good reviews even if it turns out to be the next best thing. For some reason, the media hits hard on BB, even if the majority of them use it.

I see this happening as well, but more like a 5 - 7, maybe 10 year span.
    09-16-12 12:11 AM
    You speak so eloquently. It must be the truth.
    I'm being honest ok. Almost every carrier thinks the same way. That wp8 has potential. They even got Verizon to advertise wp8. And AT&T and t-mobike to do it as well. Even the Nokia lumia 920 is on china mobile. The world's largest Carrier. The iPhone 5 can't even get through china mobile. I doubt a bb10 can That's a big victory. even metropcs and US cellular to do it as well
    Last edited by 12Dandaman; 09-16-12 at 12:35 AM.
    09-16-12 12:33 AM
    You really think that bb10 is any better. It's still vaporware. Wp8 is already set on RTM. And we haven't see one comsumer feature yet. So you can't say wp8 is half baked. Enjoy your lagg bb phone. I've been stuck with it and I found the browser laggy. Did you know what rim just did they missed the Christmas holiday season and the back to school holiday. Honestly I have seen people with wp and they are absolutely happy about it. Everyperson with a bb they have been unhappy and want to switch to something else. Admit it dude. Wp8 has tones of potential to become a mayjor player in the smartphone world. Unlike bb10. So you can stop arguing now
    I agree that WP8 isn't half baked. Even WP7.5 which is said by many to still be half-baked, i found pretty decent for such a young OS. But on the point of laggy BB browsers, I would disagree. My 9900 has been almost as smooth as competing platforms. I tried Chrome on a galaxy Note, and it was unbearable. The browser kept freezing. I'm guessing something went bad, as the default browser was much smoother.

Anyway, I tried a WP7.5 phone for about a months as my daily driver, and i went back to BB. And i'm perfectly happy with it. So i disagree about every person with a BB being unhappy and switching to something else. That is a assumption that is just not true. The Lumia 800 is a great phone, but BBs still works better for me. WP8 does have potential to be a major player, and i certainly hope they do as i prefer it over ios and android. But the future isn't written in stone, anything could still happen.

But hey, in the end, what phone you choose is still up to personal preference. There isn't one phone that could suit everybody's needs as there is just too much diversity. So having more platforms is ultimately good for us consumers.
    09-16-12 01:34 AM
    Micro$oft won't even let you use Internet Explorer in the BETA xbox 360 update unless you pay for xbox live gold.
    I'm not buying one of their phones, who knows how long it'll be before I need xbox live gold to use the browser on it too.
    09-16-12 09:25 PM
    I actually think RIM and MS are going to be the dominant players in 5 years. Apple and Google are resting on their laurels.
    09-16-12 09:30 PM

I doubt it. WP8 looks nice, I'll give you that. But that's the same thing that people were saying before WP7 came out and it flopped hard.

It'll probably sell better than WP7, but I doubt it will ever get past Android or iOS.
    09-16-12 09:30 PM
    My current bb contact is up on oct 12 and I am going to swtich to wp8. I think its going to be wp8 that takes third, this should have been a poll thread would have been interesting to see the numbers.
    09-16-12 10:24 PM
    There's something really cool to consider about this thread. Now, me personally I don't give a d*mn what the mass consumer market at large considers number "anything", but I appreciate both RIM and MS for one simple thing; they are INNOVATING, as in creating something new rather than just tweaking the same designs and concepts everyone else is doing. Just a little point to consider rather than worrying about who's outselling who. Good things for all of us yes?

For my personal life, I both rely on and personally have deep feelings for BlackBerry, so to me RIM is above all else, no number 3 or etc. Sorry for sounding goofy, i'm just one of those emotional kind of people

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. My wife has a Nokia 900 and it is a nice device, while i am waiting for BB10 the new Nokia 820 and 920 look awesome. it will be a tough choice... but my heart always lies with a QWERTY!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 10:28 PM
    No idea, will have to wait until probably Q2 next year before drawing any conclusions
    09-16-12 10:34 PM
    I was 50/50 buttt I'm pretty much sold on the Lumia 920.

- the polycarbonate body is something "new" looking/feeling rather than just plastic pieces and glass. Not a fan of the bright colors but I think the black looks sharp.

- Purview camera with floating lens and scalado.

- PureMotion HD+ screen, ClearBlack technology, insane sensitive touch, curled glass.

- Owned a wp7 device and loved the OS and WP8 looks amazing IMO.

- blah blah blah but ya get the point.

I personally haven't heard anything overly amazing about BB10 BUTTT that could most definitely could change in a quick moment.
    09-17-12 01:36 AM
    Personally, I could see how it could go either way.

A lot of people are right, Microsoft does have the money to make most anything they want happen. They can get the advertising out there like nobody's business, even if the carriers don't do advertising themselves. There's obvious opportunity to link this into Windows 8 computers, especially since the OS's use the same kernel (apparently? that's what I was made to understand) and many apps will easily be ported between the two systems. Microsoft is well-known in business thanks to exchange server, and... well... Skype and Outlook, need we say more?

On the other hand....

BB10 is built on QNX which is designed to run for months (if not longer) without crashing. I have to say that's been my experience with my playbook, I've only run into hickups with certain high-intensity games locking it up after maybe a good few hours of game play... and even then, it's only one game. It's very low-power for an OS, and runs applications more smoothly than Android's runtime (I believe a dev actually made note of this). Taking note of this always-on OS, QNX is in most everything around us from cars and trucks to trains and other things. This gives Blackberry a unique option to let us further interact with our surroundings in having different QNX devices (including your OnStar-enabled GM vehicle) talk to each other more readily.

The other thing to remember is something that a lot of people are forgetting, though I understand why. RIM and MS are both throwing as much support to developers as possible, however I'm hearing more positive feedback through MEDIA CHANNELS (i.e places other than Crackberry.com... not that this isn't media Kevin!) about Blackberry10 and developing for the platform than for WP8. This leads me to believe that more devs are actually looking forward to coding for BB10 than have been for BBOS7 and previous. A lot more devs. The app gap for quality apps should begin to close up some. Speaking of apps, this brings another plus for Blackberry, as others have mentioned it is far more open for different coding methods than any other platform, especially WP8. While WP8 limits how developers can create applications, BB10 opens up the flood gates and helps developers create quality apps via many channels (native, adobe air, and HTML5 vs Microsoft Visual studios and... I think one other standard?). This means more developers can help close the app gap more quickly, rather than having to potentially learn a new coding language, buy new software, and/or hire on new staff fluent in the new format :P.

I think I actually am going to go against the tide of most answers here from my own viewpoint and say that Blackberry may very well hold onto the #3 spot down the road. Believe it or not, I think that there will be other changes coming, namely iOS may drop back in popularity unless they do something seriously revolutionary with the iPhone and iOS (or just seriously drop the price of it to make it affordable to more people). I won't say I'm for certain right, like I said before I could see how it could go either way. But I think Blackberry may just hold out a bit longer and really fight for that #3 (or higher) spot.
    09-17-12 02:50 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD