For those who have used both-
    What's the difference between working with a BB10 phone & a BBandroid phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 04:30 PM
    the OS is different. Android has a different file directory, different notifications, different apps and no hub. I love it and after 8 years with a BB i made to leap to an Android in less than 2 weeks i had mastered it. Not difficult to get used to.

A bb/android will have the hub so there won't be that difference for you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-11-16 05:18 PM
    Both are on different platforms. Passport and the Priv are my daily drivers . The Priv is better in terms of apps and speed. Bb10 Hub IMHO opinion is much superior to that of the android. I experienced little hiccup in adjusting to the android phone as I have been using only other BlackBerry devices since 2008.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Propelled by Marshmallow AAF960 on Etisalat 4G Network
    anon(9742832) and vincentkong like this.
    08-11-16 05:41 PM
    Two great OS options. BlackBerry 10 definitely feels more complete as an OS but lacking key apps and out of the box functionality these days makes it a hard sell. I love my BlackBerry 10 devices but if you are social with lots of people it's sometimes easier to go with the flow and that's not BlackBerry OS anymore. If you are to switch to a android device I'm sure you will master it very quickly as ease of use has been greatly improved since the early buggy days of Android. I use both. And to anyone saying android is crap and is slow and buggy haven't used a top tier android device in the past 3 years. My HTC one m8 still runs like the day it was launched with SD801 and 2gb of ram it runs the latest marshmallow with ease And everything just works. Now with the hub+ suite from BlackBerry in the play store I'm sure it will be even easier to make the transition. Although if you choose to go with a BlackBerry android device you can have the features out of the box

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    08-12-16 09:47 AM
    Did they incorporate the BB10 text editing tools into their build of Android? (Cursor-ring, extra long text selection nobs, tapping to select one or more paragraphs, etc.)

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 11:59 AM
    The BB10 Os is much more fluid. Sharing files and file management is well integrated into the Os. Full gestures, hub and active frames is awesome. The Os is a communication and productivity work horse.

  
    08-16-16 02:38 AM
    One of my biggest gripes with android is that literally EVERYTHING I do on an adroid phone is kept stored by Google. On BB10, you have your privacy as well as security.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 03:50 AM
    One of my biggest gripes with android is that literally EVERYTHING I do on an adroid phone is kept stored by Google. On BB10, you have your privacy as well as security.

Posted via CB10
    Brave new cloud....! ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-16-16 04:09 AM
    You can actually FEEL the difference: wen you decide to close an application with BlackBerry10, you swipe up and press 'X' and you're done in blazing fast speed.

When you do the same on Android press 'return' a few times because it's always slow at responding even if you have the fastest device around. Then you have to go to the multitasking menu and close it again, because you'll never understand if your app is continuing to work or what's going on in your telephone.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 04:38 AM
    BlackBerry has the best UI out there. Google and Apple have the apps.

If I want to set a song for a ringtone, disable my camera at work, allow only phone calls to make sounds, nothing compares to my BlackBerry. Hub is the smoothest communications experience you can get on a phone.

I can get by without mainstream apps because I have an iPad too. But for those who want to do it all on one device, BlackBerry falls short.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    08-16-16 06:10 AM
    You can actually FEEL the difference: wen you decide to close an application with BlackBerry10, you swipe up and press 'X' and you're done in blazing fast speed.

When you do the same on Android press 'return' a few times because it's always slow at responding even if you have the fastest device around. Then you have to go to the multitasking menu and close it again, because you'll never understand if your app is continuing to work or what's going on in your telephone.

Posted via CB10

This. The 'home button' / things running in the background when closed seems to be of the iOS paradigm and I don't think I'll ever get used to it.
    08-16-16 06:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Google collects data on android users? I don't like the sound of that. Does the Blackberry phones running Android have a way to disable that 'feature'?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 08:59 AM
    Google collects data on android users? I don't like the sound of that. Does the Blackberry phones running Android have a way to disable that 'feature'?

Posted via CB10
    That's overrated paranoia. Google collects anonymous data not tied to your identity, but to your interests. Most of it is for targeted advertising, but they don't know who you are. The tinfoil types on here seem to believe that there's some file cabinet in Google HQ with their name on it just stuffed full of their life history. It's nowhere near that dramatic.
    08-16-16 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not at all, just press the app switch button and then press X on the app you want to close. It's the same number of actions as BB10 and just as fast.
    08-16-16 10:35 AM
    I get a working Hub, the physical keyboard and a pretty much stock Android experience, which is great for me. There's less bending over backwards and other voodoo to compensate for the OS with the Priv.
    chickenman18 likes this.
    08-16-16 11:04 AM
    It just works and keeps on working.

Other than taking a little time to get familiar with setting and maybe disabling a few apps and Google data collection (yes you can disable most).

No worrying about backups (if you trust the Google Cloud).
    No patching apps each time an update comes out.
    No going somewhere for business or vacation and finding out you can't run an app that you need.

BB10's UI was great and BB10's file manager was great from a PC person's perspective. But too be honest I'm not sure that one is really necessary once you figure out how things work.

After awhile you forget about the OS and just use you smartphone.... like most people do.
    08-16-16 11:23 AM
    That's overrated paranoia. Google collects anonymous data not tied to your identity, but to your interests. Most of it is for targeted advertising, but they don't know who you are. The tinfoil types on here seem to believe that there's some file cabinet in Google HQ with their name on it just stuffed full of their life history. It's nowhere near that dramatic.
    "We are moving towards a Google that knows more about you..."

CEO Eric Schmidt
    (over 10 years ago, when I was using "Scroogle Scraper"...)

Mmmmhhhh... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    08-21-16 03:11 PM