04-02-09 10:53 AM
- I just became a brand new BB user and to tell you the truth im not completely loving it. From what ive been reading in the forums i guess i have to update my BB with the new OS. My question is where can i find these OS's and how do i upload it to my BB. Will it solve the lag and the accelerometer? Thanks to anyone that can help me.04-02-09 07:27 AM
- dude, i am having the same problems...i just got mine about a month ago and it start running rediculously slow. Bad lag with the accelerometer and lag when switching b/t apps and programs like SMS and calendar...it also decided to cut off some who is calling me when I hit the "send/answer" key....and I have yet to find a way to make it better/fast other than putting all apps in folders...04-02-09 07:46 AM
- For the best info about the leaked (NOT OFFICIAL) beta OS's check out the Storm Beta OS Sub Forum here...
You will find the 113 (recommended) and 114 (NOT RECOMMENDED) leaks in my signature. You can also find all the various leaks and official versions at ...
BlackberryOS04-02-09 07:55 AM
- dude, i am having the same problems...i just got mine about a month ago and it start running rediculously slow. Bad lag with the accelerometer and lag when switching b/t apps and programs like SMS and calendar...it also decided to cut off some who is calling me when I hit the "send/answer" key....and I have yet to find a way to make it better/fast other than putting all apps in folders...
and keep watch on your memory...04-02-09 08:00 AM
- Welcome new BlackBerry addicts. Besure to make sure you do a battery pull once a day. If not, at least once in awhile. That will power cycle the phone when you pull it out and put it back in. When the phone becomes laggy and doesnt respond quickly, a battery pull should help resolve this. Its totally normal for BlackBerrys users to pull there battery out and replace it.
I belive quick pull is a program that does a hard reset on the phone, so you dont have to pull your battery out. Remember, when holding down the END button, It doesnt nessicarilly turn the phone off. It puts it into somewhat of a "sleep mode". So quick pull would do the job like pulling that battery. Except you dont have to physically do it with quickpull.04-02-09 08:30 AM
- There are actually 2 programs that folks use to simulate a pull (I'm with Terri on this one, once a day), Quickpull & softreset.
Softreset http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad04-02-09 08:41 AM
- Before you attempt upgrading, besure to read the tuturials about doing so, and only do it if your comfertible with the process. You can go to the BlackBerry Storm Leaked OS Thread in the Storm Forum. You will see a tread entitled "LEAKED BlackBerry OS .113". The download is in that thread. Download the file and follow the process instructed by the download. And read the tuturial about upgradeing to Leaks or an Os in general.
Now, Ill tell you up front. When you have .113 installed, you will notice a diffrence immediatly. Its smoother, faster, and has new features. It makes .75 look like an OS of the past, which it is. Theres a new Copy and Paste feature in .113 and Full QWERTY in Portrait mode also. Definatly worth the upgrade.04-02-09 10:09 AM
- i just installed the new OS and youre right i noticed a big difference right away, hopefully this solves all my problems and i can go and be a BB fan now. Do these OS's come every once in a while or on a regular basis. Thanks to those who responded to my problems..04-02-09 10:25 AM
- 04-02-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD